One Program, Two Locations
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) offers medical education in Old Westbury, N.Y. (a suburb of New York City, just 45 minutes away) and in Jonesboro, Ark. (on the campus of Arkansas State University). At both locations, NYITCOM faculty, experienced researchers, and practitioners are guided by our mission and committed to our vision.
NYITCOM at NYIT-Long Island
In the heart of Long Island’s picturesque north shore, NYITCOM’s Long Island location:
- provides students with technology-infused medical education, including the Institute for Clinical Competence (robotics and patient simulation) and labs for anatomy, research, and OMM.
- serves more than 1,200 medical students and to date, has graduated more than 6,750 doctors of osteopathic medicine.
- offers interprofessional opportunities with students in NYIT’s School of Health Professions and interdisciplinary initiatives through the Center for Sports Medicine and Center for Global Health.
- is home to research in human anatomy, paleontology, heart disease, kidney disease, Parkinson’s Disease, robotics, and more.
- is part of NYIT’s 176-acre campus, which includes a fitness club and recreational facilities, dining halls, a main and medical library, student clubs, sports teams, and other organizations, and an academic health care center.
- is just 22 miles from Manhattan, providing clinical education opportunities in leading urban and suburban hospitals and health care facilities in the tri-state area.
NYITCOM at Arkansas State University
Located in Jonesboro, Ark., NYITCOM’s newest location offers:
- advanced academic technology linking classrooms, faculty, and students in New York and Arkansas.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) and anatomy labs as well as patient simulation and robotics labs.
- the opportunity to work and learn in urban and rural communities in one of the most medically underserved areas of the country during clerkship and residency training in leading hospitals and ambulatory health networks throughout the state and region.
- the best of Arkansas State University’s resources, including on- and off-campus housing, dining services, libraries, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a health center, and access to athletic and cultural events.