Welcome Transfer Students!
Are You NYIT-Ready?
NYIT students think analytically and creatively. They tackle real-world problems in the classroom, engage in research, pursue internships, network with leaders in their field of study, and learn to transform ideas into creative solutions. NYIT graduates are culturally aware, profession ready, and prepared to solve today’s—and tomorrow’s—greatest challenges.
We’re Here to Help
Transfer students make up an important part of our NYIT community. To ease your transition, we review applications for admission and automatic scholarship decision on a rolling basis. And once you enroll, our transfer advisors will assess your transcripts—evaluating both your academic coursework and life experience—and prepare a personalized, course-by-course evaluation of credits applicable to your major.
Take Your Next Step
Why NYIT is a Great Choice for Transfer Students
- No application fee when you enroll this summer. Join us on Transfer Thursdays for an on-the-spot admissions decision, scholarship review, and transfer credit evaluation, or schedule a one-on-one appointment.
- A generous transfer credit acceptance policy ensures that you get the credit you deserve.
- Dedicated transfer advisors help you find the quickest and most rewarding path to graduation.
- More than 46 career-focused, technology fueled undergraduate academic programs are taught by world-renowned experts and researchers.
- A flexible Interdisciplinary Studies program allows you to maximize your transfer credits by designing your own B.A., B.S., or B.P.S. program. (You can even pursue this degree online, attending classes whenever and wherever you want.)
- A variety of NYIT scholarships and grants are available to you as a transfer student and are based on academic achievement or high scholastic potential.
- Campuses in Long Island (Old Westbury) and New York City (Manhattan) give you the option to stay close to home if you live in the greater New York area, while making friends from around the world.
- Lifelong career services, available at every stage of your working life, help you find the job you want, expand your professional network, connect with employers, and advance your career.