Center for Global Health
The NYIT Center for Global Health (CGH) is dedicated to developing healthcare professionals who are empathetic leaders and change agents, ready to tackle the global burden of disease and health disparities at home and abroad.
Through a combination of innovative educational curriculum, independent research projects, and field-based service-learning initiatives, we provide opportunities for students and faculty members to engage in global health research, policy, and practice, including:
- Foundation Courses: CGH provides instruction in global health policy and cultural competencies as part of NYITCOM’s first-year Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine curriculum.
- Certificate in Global Health: We offer a distinctive certificate program focusing on key global competencies, hands-on fieldwork, and faculty-mentored research to address 21st century health challenges. Find out more.
- Medical Outreach Opportunities: Through our partnerships in Haiti and Ghana, we give students the chance to work alongside local health providers and observe how medicine is practiced in low-resource environments.
- Independent Research Projects: CGH encourages the exploration of risk factors, root causes of disease, and other determinants of health and health care delivery systems through faculty-mentored research and projects coordinated through local and global health partners.
- Global Health Grand Rounds: We sponsor a series of presentations and discussions bringing together students, researchers, and health experts to examine innovative solutions to global health challenges. Join us for Grand Rounds.
The Center for Global Health is a collaboration between the College of Osteopathic Medicine and the School of Health Professions. We continue to expand our education programming, innovative research, and outreach efforts in order to deliver significant learning outcomes and experiences for our learners and provide meaningful and sustainable change to the communities we serve.
We welcome your engagement, ideas, partnership, and support. For more information, contact Lillian Butungi Niwagaba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About CGH
Lillian Butungi Niwagaba, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Director, Center for Global Health
Assistant Professor, Clinical Specialties
Support the Center for Global Health
Select Center for Global Health from the list of giving options.