What You’ll Learn
The Applied and Computational Mathematics, B.S. degree offers a unique and modern selection of courses integrating computational methods, mathematical models, and data science with a strong focus on the foundations in mathematics and the sciences.
You’ll gain a fundamental, transferrable skill set and the ability to create innovative computing solutions, mathematical models, and analyze complex systems to solve problems in engineering, scientific and technical consulting, insurance, biotech and life sciences, artificial intelligence, data science, and other emerging fields.
Learn to identify, formulate, abstract, and solve mathematical problems that use tools from a variety of areas, including algebra, analysis, probability, numerical analysis, and differential equations.
- Computer Modelling Specialist
- Engineering Design and Manufacturing
- Industrial Research and Development
- Operations Research Analyst
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical R&D
- Quantitative Finance and Risk Analysis
- Simulation and Software Developer
- Statistician / Data Scientist