VA Isakson & Roe – Section 1018 Requirements
Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires that educational institutions participating in the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provide students with certain financial information and other requirements.
Schools must provide a covered individual (a student using benefits under chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, or 35 of title 38, U.S.C., or chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S.C.) with a personalized shopping sheet that contains:
▪ Estimated total cost of the course that includes tuition, fees, books, supplies and any other additional costs. More
View a detailed breakout of undergraduate and graduate tuition and related college and housing fees. Additional information, including estimates of book and supply costs can be found on our College Navigator page. (NOTE: Books and supplies will vary, based on course of study.)
▪ Estimated cost of living expenses. More
▪ Amount of costs above that are covered by VA Education Benefits. More
Visit our Veterans' Benefits page to see the variety of VA Benefits offered at New York Tech. You can also use the GI BILL® Comparison Tool to learn about and compare VA benefits offered at various colleges and universities.
▪ Other types of Federal financial aid, not administered by VA that is offered by the institution, that the individual may be qualified to receive. More
▪ Estimated amount of student loan debt the individual would have upon graduation. More
New York Tech offers a variety of financial literacy information, tools, resources and learning modules to help our students determine and manage their student loan debt while in school and post-graduation.
▪ Information regarding graduation rates. More
See our latest undergraduate graduation and retention statistics.
▪ Information regarding the acceptance of transfer credits including military credits. More
▪ Any additional requirements including training, experience, or examinations that are required to obtain a license, certification or approval for which the course of education prepares the individual. More
You can find details about the training and requirements for specific licenses and certifications in our New York Tech Catalog.
▪ Other information to facilitate comparison by the individual about aid packages offered by different educational institutions. More
Please contact Nancy Borchers, Associate Registrar, TAP and Veterans Affairs, at email@example.com or 516.686.1277 with any questions and for more information about our veterans programs. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.67680 with any questions about your financial aid.