First-Year Student Admissions
An NYIT education is a pathway to your future. Our students graduate our technology-driven programs profession-ready. 95.3% of NYIT graduates entering the job market are employed within a year of graduation—with some pursuing an additional degree or course of study.
Join our community of doers, makers, innovators, and inventors.
Take Your Next Step
Have you completed at least 24 college credits after high school?
Apply to NYIT as a Transfer Student
Why NYIT is a Great Choice for First-Year Students
- Campuses in Long Island (Old Westbury, N.Y.) and New York City (Manhattan), giving you the option to stay close to home if you live in the greater New York area, while making friends from around the world.
- Lifelong career services, available at every stage of your working life, help you find the job you want, expand your professional network, connect with employers, and advance your career.
- Opportunities to participate in research projects supervised by expert faculty, or to turn your own ideas into reality in our Entrepreneurship Technology and Innovation Center.
- Hands-on experiential learning outside the classroom through internships, study abroad programs, and service learning opportunities.
- Programs like HEOP and EduPlus that offer students with academic or financial challenges additional support.