Troops to Teachers
Embark on a rewarding career and continue your role in shaping America’s future. Schools nationwide are looking for dedicated teachers who can exhibit leadership, discipline, patience, and instruction—among the same professional skills you learned in the U.S. military.
Offered by the U.S. Department of Education and the Department of Defense, the Troops to Teachers program at NYIT will help you:
- transition from the military to a career in K-12 education
- obtain New York teaching certification
- find employment in public schools throughout the state
- earn an NYIT Master of Science in Childhood Education
Financial assistance of up to $10,000 is available through the Troops to Teachers program. Visit the Troops to Teachers website to learn more.
Our Office of Financial Aid can help you find additional ways to help pay for your NYIT education, including scholarships, grants, and loans.
To enter the Troops to Teachers program:
- Register and determine your eligibility at the Troops to Teachers website.
- Apply and be accepted into NYIT's Childhood Education, M.S. degree. Use code “VTRN” to waive the $50 NYIT application fee.
Colonel Vanessa Barron, M.Ed., USAR
Troops for Teachers Program Manager