Yellow Ribbon Program
Additional Financial Assistance
NYIT is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program is designed to provide veterans with additional financial assistance for tuition and fees that exceed benefits available under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
Effective August 1, 2019, the Post-9/11 GI Bill® pays up to $24,476.79 per academic year at NYIT.
About the Yellow Ribbon Program
- During the 2019-2020 academic year, New York Institute of Technology will contribute an unlimited amount of funding (to be matched by the VA) for an unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans.
- Unlimited amount of funding means New York Institute of Technology will cover 50% of the remaining tuition and fees that exceeds the Post-9/11 GI Bill® contribution. The VA will cover the other remaining 50% of the tuition and fees.
- Unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans means New York Institute of Technology will offer Yellow Ribbon to every eligible veteran matriculating at New York Institute of Technology. New York Institute of Technology does not put a cap on the number of recipients per academic year.
- Awards are provided on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants; preference is given to veterans who have received Yellow Ribbon program support in previous semesters.
- You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
The Office of the Registrar will alert all eligible students when the Yellow Ribbon Program application process is open each semester for submissions and will provide all necessary instructions via email.