College Credit for Military Service

All undergraduate service members and veterans are encouraged to have their official military transcript sent to New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) for prior learning credit review. View New York Tech's Veterans Benefits page for other benefits and resources that are available to our veterans and service members.

Request Your Military Transcript

Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard

The Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard use the centralized Joint Services Transcript (JST) (requires login), which will electronically send your official transcript to New York Tech. The transcript includes your military training and occupational experience along with American Council on Education college credit recommendations. Upon receipt, your JST transcript will be reviewed for prior learning credit applicable to your major at New York Tech.


Air Force

Service members of the Air Force may receive transfer credit for coursework completed through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). Academic transcripts from CCAF should be sent to New York Tech for transfer credit review.

Visit the CCAF, Air University website for options to order your transcript. Questions regarding the transcript procedures can be directed to CCAF Student Services at 334.649.5066 or DSN 749-5066.

Community College of the Air Force
100 South Turner Boulevard
Maxwell Gunter AFB, AL 36114-3011

Academic transcripts from the CCAF should be sent to:

NYIT Office of Admissions
Northern Boulevard
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000

For further information about possible credit for military training and experience, please contact:

NYIT Office of Prior Learning