Transfer Your Credits
Get the Credit You Deserve
NYIT's generous transfer credit acceptance policy takes into account not only college courses taken at your previous college, but also prior learning and life experience, and advanced placement and college courses taken while in high school. Once you enroll, our transfer evaluations team will review your transcripts and prepare a personalized, course-by-course evaluation of credits applicable to your major.
From Associate’s to Bachelor’s
We work closely with many community colleges in the New York region to map out the coursework necessary for you to easily transfer into a comparable bachelor's degree programs at NYIT. Learn more:
- Bergen Community College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Dutchess County Community College
- Guttman Community College
- Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
- Nassau BOCES
- Nassau Community College
- Nassau County Fire Police EMS Academy at NUMC
- Queensborough Community College
- Suffolk Community College
- Westchester Community College
- Western Suffolk BOCES
Transfer Your Graduate Credits
If you have received graduate credits at another college and would like to request transfer credits, please complete the Graduate Credit Transfer Form.
Prior Learning and Life Experience
You've gained knowledge inside and outside of the classroom. That’s why we offer you the opportunity to earn college credit based on relevant prior college-level learning, military and workforce experience, and a portfolio review.
- CLEP & DSST Proficiency Examinations
- NYU Foreign Language Proficiency Examinations
- Military Courses and Experience
- Non-collegiate Courses and Workforce Training
- Portfolio Evaluations
College Credit in High School
We recognize your commitment to learning and offer placement credit based on your level of accomplishment.
COLLEGE BOARD’S ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMS
- An AP exam score of 3, 4, and 5 is required in order to earn possible credit applicable to your program of study at NYIT. See NYIT’s Advanced Placement (AP) equivalencies to determine potential credits.
- For the B.S. in Nursing program and the combined health professions programs in Physical Therapy (B.S./D.P.T.), Physician Assistant Studies (B.S./M.S.), and Occupational Therapy (B.S./M.S.), grades of 4 or 5 are required for possible credit for courses identified as prerequisites. Students admitted to the B.S./D.O. program are not eligible for AP credit.
- Contact The College Board to send your official AP transcript to NYIT. NYIT’s College Code is 2561.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) EXAMS
- You must have a Higher Level (HL) IB subject exam score of 4, 5, 6, or 7 in order to earn possible placement credit applicable to your program of study at NYIT. View NYIT’s International Baccalaureate (IB) equivalencies to determine potential credits.
- For the B.S. in Nursing program and the combined health professions programs in Physical Therapy (B.S./D.P.T.), Physician Assistant Studies (B.S./M.S.), and Occupational Therapy (B.S./M.S.), HL IB subject exam scores of 5, 6, or 7 are required for possible credit for courses identified as prerequisites. Students admitted to the B.S./D.O. program are not eligible for IB credit.
- Request your transcript from the International Baccalaureate Organization to be sent to NYIT.
COLLEGE COURSEWORK COMPLETED WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL
To help you get a head start on earning your degree, we’ll consider college coursework you completed during high school for transfer credit. If you took college courses on a college campus or in your high school under a sponsoring college, check out our standard transfer credit criteria in the NYIT Catalog and see if your classes fall under our guidelines.
If they do, request that your associated college send the official transcript of your course(s) to the NYIT Office of Admissions. Make sure the transcript reflects the course, credit, and grade earned so that the class can be accurately considered for transfer credit.
To Submit Your Transcripts
NYIT prefers to receive transcripts electronically. We appreciate you submitting your official transcripts through one of the following electronic transcripts networks:
If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic transcript directly to NYIT Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
Questions? We’re here to help. Contact the Transfer Evaluations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.