Transfer Your Credits
Get the Credit You Deserve
New York Tech's generous transfer credit acceptance policy takes into account not only college courses taken at your previous college, but also prior learning and life experience, and advanced placement and college courses taken while in high school. Once you are admitted, our transfer evaluations team will review your transcripts and prepare a personalized, course-by-course evaluation of credits applicable to your major. Find out if your previous degree or courses will transfer to New York Tech.Transfer Your Credits
From Associate’s to Bachelor’s
We work closely with many community colleges in the New York region to map out the coursework necessary for you to easily transfer into a comparable bachelor's degree programs at New York Tech. Learn more:
- ASA College
- Bergen Community College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- College of Mount St. Vincent
- Dutchess County Community College
- Farmingdale State College (automatic admission for five College of Engineering and Computing Sciences graduate programs)
- Guttman Community College
- Nassau BOCES
- Nassau Community College
- Nassau County Fire Police EMS Academy at NUMC
- Queensborough Community College
- Suffolk Community College
- Westchester Community College
Transfer Your Graduate Credits
If you have received graduate credits at another college and would like to request transfer credits, please complete the Graduate Credit Transfer Form.
Automatic Admission for Farmingdale State College Students: Farmingdale students who graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.85 and meet other admissions criteria can continue their education at New York Tech in five of the school’s 30-credit M.S. degree programs: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Learn more.
Prior Learning and Life Experience
You've gained knowledge inside and outside of the classroom. That’s why we offer you the opportunity to earn college credit based on relevant prior college-level learning, military and workforce experience, and a portfolio review.
- CLEP & DSST Proficiency Examinations
- NYU Foreign Language Proficiency Examinations
- Military Courses and Experience
- Non-collegiate Courses and Workforce Training
- Portfolio Evaluations
Office of Prior Learning Gerry House, Rm 219 516.686.7914
College Credit in High School
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will honor the results of your 2020 AP, IB and Cambridge examinations and award transfer credit using the policies described below.
We recognize your commitment to learning and offer placement credit based on your level of accomplishment.
COLLEGE BOARD’S ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMS
- An AP exam score of 3, 4, and 5 is required in order to earn possible credit applicable to your program of study at New York Tech. See our Advanced Placement (AP) equivalencies to determine potential credits.
- For the B.S. in Nursing program and the combined health professions programs in Physical Therapy (B.S./D.P.T.) and Physician Assistant Studies (B.S./M.S.), grades of 4 or 5 are required for possible credit for courses identified as prerequisites. Students admitted to the B.S./D.O. program are not eligible for AP credit.
- Contact The College Board to send your official AP transcript to New York Tech. New York Tech's College Code is 2561.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) EXAMS
- You must have a Higher Level (HL) IB subject exam score of 4, 5, 6, or 7 in order to earn possible placement credit applicable to your program of study at New York Tech. View our International Baccalaureate (IB) equivalencies to determine potential credits.
- For the B.S. in Nursing program and the combined health professions programs in Physical Therapy (B.S./D.P.T.) and Physician Assistant Studies (B.S./M.S.), HL IB subject exam scores of 5, 6, or 7 are required for possible credit for courses identified as prerequisites. Students admitted to the B.S./D.O. program are not eligible for IB credit.
- Request your transcript from the International Baccalaureate Organization to be sent to New York Tech.
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL A AND AS LEVEL EXAMS
- New York Tech recognizes the rigors of the Cambridge International Examination program and awards credit applicable toward a student’s major for A/AS Level exams with earned grades of A-E. Credit is awarded in subjects such as science, mathematics, language, technology, social sciences and the arts. Awards range from 6-8 credits for A Level exams, and 3-4 credits for AS Level exams. Refer to the equivalency chart to see credit that may be awarded toward your program of study. Make the most of your studies and submit a certified copy of your Certificate of Education or Statement of Results for review. Learn more.
COLLEGE COURSEWORK COMPLETED WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL
To help you get a head start on earning your degree, we’ll consider college coursework you completed during high school for transfer credit. If you took college courses on a college campus or in your high school under a sponsoring college, check out our standard transfer credit criteria in the New York Tech Catalog and see if your classes fall under our guidelines.
If they do, request that your associated college send the official transcript of your course(s) to the New York Tech Office of Admissions. Make sure the transcript reflects the course, credit, and grade earned so that the class can be accurately considered for transfer credit.
To Submit Your Transcripts
New York Tech prefers to receive transcripts electronically. We appreciate you submitting your official transcripts through one of the following electronic transcripts networks:
If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic transcript directly to New York Tech Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? We’re here to help. Contact the Transfer Evaluations team at email@example.com.