How to Apply to the Osteopathic Medicine, D.O. – Émigré Physicians Program (EPP)
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) offers a unique program to retrain émigré physicians born and educated outside the United States to become doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.). NYITCOM is the only medical school in the United States offering such a program and it is available only on our Long Island (Old Westbury, NY) campus.
- Admission is competitive and highly selective.
- Four-year, full-time U.S. medical school program with up to 35 seats available.
- Émigré Physicians Program (EPP) students are fully integrated into the entering D.O. class and participate in all aspects of student life; research opportunities available with faculty.
- Admitted students are strongly discouraged from working full-time throughout each academic year.
- Students must successfully complete all academic requirements in order to qualify for graduation.
- Medical residency follows successful graduation. Length of residency varies depending on medical specialty.
- May 2023: EPP application becomes available.
- Extended to December 15, 2023: Deadline to submit the EPP application and the non-refundable $195 application fee.
- Extended to December 30, 2023: Deadline to submit the official course-by-course evaluation, official TOEFL score report, and two letters of recommendation.
- Winter 2024: Interviews and entrance examination for selected applicants.
- Early Spring 2024: The Admissions Committee will make decisions. A nonrefundable $1,500 tuition deposit is required to reserve your seat in the 2024 entering class.
A new application is required each year with an updated resume or curriculum vitae. If you submitted an official WES or Globe course-by-course evaluation and/or an official TOEFL score report for the 2023 application cycle, you do not need to resend it for the 2024 application cycle. If you have retaken the TOEFL and achieved a higher score, you must submit the updated official score. Please check your TOEFL results to be sure that the test is less than two years old at the time of application. Recommendation letters should not be more than two years old at the time of the new application.
The EPP admission information provided above supersedes all previously posted guidelines. Please follow the current admission requirements and submit the required application documents as requested. No exceptions or waivers will be made.
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
Serota Academic Center, Room 203
Northern Boulevard, PO Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine reserves the right to effect any changes in the admission requirements, application documents, document requirements, application timeline, curriculum, administration, tuition and fees, or any other phase of school activity without notice.