Estimated Program Cost
The Department of Physician Assistant Studies provides a good-faith estimate of costs associated with our M.S. program. These costs are approximate and may change without notice.
The total tuition cost for the program: 98 credits × $1,320 graduate per-credit tuition = $129,360. The graduate per-credit tuition cost is subject to change. Please visit New York Tech Graduate Tuition and Fees to view the latest information.
Cost differs based upon the medical insurance plan. Students should shop around for the best plan for their needs, if they are no longer covered under their parent's plan. NOTE: Federal regulations prevent this cost from being covered by Financial Aid.
Room and Board
Space is limited in the graduate dormitories located on an adjacent campus. Most PA students live off-campus as it is more conducive for their study habits. To estimate the cost, candidates are advised to browse rental listings for adjacent towns such as Glen Cove, Roslyn, Greenvale and Hicksville. Due to the above-average cost of off-campus living in the vicinity, students should prepare for additional costs beyond what is covered by Financial Aid. In addition, Financial Aid will not cover the cost for room and board during the first year summer break.
Other Program-Specific Costs
- Books/supplies/medical equipment/Laptop (approximate total for 3 years): $5,600
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (once, prior to entering clinical year): $285
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (once, prior to matriculation): $85
- Background Check and Document Compliance Tracker: $167- $179
- Drug Test: $25
- Professional organization dues:
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (once for 3 years): $75
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants (once for 3 years): $75
- Smartphone: cost will vary based on the model and service selected by the student. Students will begin using their smartphones in the second semester.
- Transportation: students should budget additional monies for transportation, including tolls to and from clinical clerkships, and parking. This can vary on a case-by-case basis, but is estimated at $3000 annually, while on clinical clerkships.