Delta Population Health Institute
The Delta Population Health Institute is the community engagement arm of NYIT-College of Osteopathic Medicine. We are a diverse team of caring specialist and experts devoted to addressing the social factors of health by promoting cultural transformation and creating health equity to catalyze thriving and prosperous rural communities of the Delta.
Rural America is remarkably diverse from its geographic, demographic and socioeconomic landscape. The Mississippi Delta is home to 9.9 million people across eight states and 252 counties. Although the Delta has many great assets and is steeped in culture and history, the region has experienced some of the country's most significant social, health and economic challenges.
DPHI knows that health starts where we grow, live, learn, work, and play. That's why we are committed to cultivating opportunities for health in our families, neighborhoods, schools, and jobs, achieving greater health equity among all people throughout Arkansas and the Delta.
We work collaboratively across all sectors to cultivate thriving and resilient communities.
What We Do to Build Cultures of Health and Cultivate Resilient Communities:
- Provide quality Population Health and Public Health education and training
- Engage in quality clinical and preventive care outreach
- Conduct community-based participatory research to inform evidence-based practices and guide policies on social determinants of health
- Enhance community capacity building and link valuable resources to local communities
- Convene and partner with multi-sector stakeholders to catalyze positive health impacts
Executive Director: Brookshield Laurent, D.O.
Director of Operations: Tiffny Calloway
Assistant Director for Mobile Health Services: Jackie Doss, M.S., C.H.E.S.
Medical Lead for Mobile Health Services: Christine Hartford, M.D.
Regional Program Director: Yoshara Barber, M.B.A.
Assistant Dean for Research and Publications: Rajendram Rajnarayanan, Ph.D.
Administrative Specialist: Whitney Holmes
- Delta Care-A-Van
- 1st District Congressional Fellowship
- Master in Public Health
- Population Health Certificate Course
For more information about how DPHI can partner with your community, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.