Register For Classes
Are you a …
Step 1: Take Care Of Outstanding Business (Do not delay your ability to get into the classes you want)More
- File your FAFSA.
- Submit any outstanding admissions documents and financial aid forms.
- Pay any outstanding balances.
- Review and clear any Holds or To Do items on your student account.
You will be able to view a list of Holds that will prevent registration and view any outstanding To Do List items on the Student Center Tab in my.NYIT:
- Holds: Items that can prevent you from registering include unpaid tuition or fees, academic advising requirements, missing admissions documents, immunizations, etc.
- To Dos: The To Do List displays tasks you need to finish, such as completing a financial aid form or filing a FAFSA, etc. If you do not accomplish an open To Do item, it can become a Hold on your record.