Register For Classes
Are you a …
Step 1: Take Care Of Outstanding Business (Don’t delay your ability to get into the classes you want)More
- File your FAFSA.
- Submit any outstanding admissions documents and financial aid forms.
- Pay outstanding balances or set up a tuition payment plan.
- Review and clear Holds or To Do items in your student account. View
them on the Student Center Tab in my.nyit.edu:
- Holds: Items that can prevent you from registering include unpaid tuition or fees, needing to meet with your academic advisor, needing to submit final documents to the admissions office, records of your up-to-date immunizations, etc.
- To Dos: This list includes tasks you need to finish, such as completing a financial aid form or filing a FAFSA. If you do not accomplish an open To Do item, it can become a Hold on your record.
Step 2: MAKE SURE YOU’RE READY WITH REQUIRED FORMSMore
Step 3: Meet With A Peer Advisor (recommended for first-year students)More
Step 4: Meet With Your Academic Advisor (required)More
- Check your advisor's schedule and schedule an appointment.
- Your academic advisor will release your advising hold.
Step 5: Register For ClassesMore
- Log in to NYITConnect and use the Schedule Planner tool to create your preferred schedule of classes. The Schedule Planner allows you to plan breaks between your classes and choose convenient days and times. It uses this information to generate multiple versions of your schedule and allows you to choose your preferred schedule for registration.
- Use the Validate Schedule button to check if you can enroll in your classes.
- Send your selected schedule to your shopping cart and follow the steps to complete your course registration.
- If you need assistance with online registration, contact Enrollment Services or the Office of the Registrar in the Enrollment Services Center.