Graduation & Diplomas
To graduate, you must:
- Fulfill all requirements for your degree (as listed in the catalog in effect on the date of admission/readmission). See our Graduation Evaluation Guidelines for additional information.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA required for your program.
- Apply for graduation online via NYITConnect.
- Be recommended by your advisor, who will submit a signed degree audit evaluation to the Office of the Registrar.
- Comply with application deadlines listed on the academic calendar.
Applying for Graduation
Graduating students should apply for graduation at the beginning of their final semester. Applying for graduation is separate from your decision to attend Commencement.
- Complete and file an online application to graduate through NYITConnect by deadline below:
- February 14, 2020 – for (Spring) May 31, 2020 Graduation
- June 26, 2020 – for (Summer) August 31, 2020 Graduation
- September 18, 2020 – for (Fall) December 31, 2020 Graduation
- After your graduation application is received, you will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar to your New York Tech email account indicating the status of your application. Your status may be:
- Approved: all requirements have been successfully completed.
- Pending Successful Completion: approved for your degree contingent upon successful completion of all work that may be in progress.
- Denied: you have not successfully completed one or more of the requirements for graduation and you are not eligible to graduate at this time. Contact your advisor or department office for more information.
If you are unable to apply for graduation or for further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 516.686.7694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conferral date is the date on which a student’s degree is awarded. The conferral dates for each semester are:
- (Spring) May 31
- (Summer) August 31
- (Fall) December 31
Students will be reviewed by the Graduation Office throughout the semester, but cannot be graduated prior to the conferral dates for the term in which they apply for graduation.
The commencement for the Class of 2020 will recognize students with the following conferral dates:
- (Summer) August 31, 2019
- (Fall) December 31, 2019
- (Spring) May 31, 2020
For additional details, visit the Commencement web pages.
Getting Your Diploma
If you attend New York Tech’s Long Island or New York City campus, your diploma will be mailed to your mailing address on record, usually within 6-8 weeks after you are approved graduation.
If there are outstanding financial obligations to New York Tech or other holds remaining on your student account, you must:
- Satisfy all obligations with the Office of the Bursar.
- Upon satisfaction of financial obligations from the Office of the Bursar, your diploma can be picked up by you or your designee or mailed to you.
- If you would like your diploma mailed to you, please complete the Diploma Mailing Request Form and email it to email@example.com.
- If you would like to pick up your diploma, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attend one of New York Tech’s global campuses, contact the Office of the Registrar at your campus for information on how to receive your diploma. All financial and other obligations must be fulfilled to receive your diploma.