Graduation & Diplomas
To graduate, you must:
- Fulfill all requirements for your degree (as listed in the catalog in effect on the date of admission/readmission). See our Graduation Evaluation Guidelines for additional information.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA required for your program.
- Apply for graduation online via NYITConnect.
- Be recommended by your advisor, who will submit a signed degree audit evaluation to the Office of the Registrar.
- Comply with application deadlines listed on the academic calendar.
Applying for Graduation
To graduate, you'll need to apply and receive approval from the Office of the Registrar at the beginning of your final semester.
- Complete and file an online application to graduate through NYITConnect by the deadline for your intended month of graduation as indicated on the Academic Calendar. Application deadlines for 2018-2019 are:
- September 21, 2018 – for December 2018 Graduation
- February 15, 2019 – for May 2019 Graduation
- June 28, 2018 – for August 2019 Graduation
- After your graduation application is processed, you will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar via your NYIT email account indicating the status of your application. Your status may be:
- Approved: all requirements have been successfully completed.
- Approved Pending: approved for your degree contingent upon successful completion of all work that may be in progress.
- Denied: you have not successfully completed one or more of the requirements for graduation and you are not eligible to graduate at this time. Contact your advisor or department office for more information.
If you are not enrolled in an active academic program or for further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 516.686.7694 or email@example.com
For details on dates, venues, ticketing, and more, visit the Commencement web pages.
Getting Your Diploma
If you attend NYIT’s Old Westbury or Manhattan campus, your diploma will be mailed to your address on record, usually within 8-10 weeks after graduation.
If there are outstanding financial obligations to NYIT or other holds remaining on your student account, you must:
- Clear all obligations.
- Obtain approval from the Office of the Bursar to have your diploma released; once approved by Bursar your diploma can be picked up by you or your designee or mailed to you.
- Complete either the Diploma Pick Up Form and take it to the Office of the Registrar along with proper photo ID, or submit a Diploma Mailing Request Form.
If you attend one of NYIT’s global campuses, contact the Office of the Registrar at your campus. All financial or other obligations must be fulfilled to receive your diploma.