Who We Are
As peer advisors (PAs), we are fellow students—most of us juniors and seniors—whose job it is to support undergraduate students with matters related to advisement and registration. For first-year students, we’ll assist you with adjustments to university life by making sure you’re up to speed with what you need to do and when you need to do it. We’ve been there before, so rely on us to show you the ropes.
It is highly recommended that you meet with us prior to meeting with your academic advisor to plan your courses for approval. This way, you can spend more time speaking with your advisor about your academic and career goals. Once you have been advised, we can show you how to create a schedule and register online.
What We Do
- Advisement appointment preparation: We’ll help you select course options using the semester map for your major, prepare questions to ask your academic advisor, and fill out an Advisement Preparation Form.
- Walk you through your curriculum requirements and help you plan for graduation
- Teach you to use online tools such as the NYITConnect student center, including Class Scheduler, Search for Classes, and Online Registration
- Familiarize you with NYIT policies and procedures
- Connect you with a variety of campus resources
Where To Find Us
Peer advisors hold regular office hours during the fall and spring semesters in Old Westbury and Manhattan.
33 W. 60th St. Room 326
Harry Schure Hall, Room 208 (unless otherwise noted)
Manhattan Peer Advisor Schedule – Spring 2018
Old Westbury Peer Advisor Schedule – Spring 2018
Do you have a knack for helping others? Great interpersonal or organizational skills?Join our peer advisor team