Admission Requirements: Biomedical Sciences, M.S.
Applications are reviewed by NYITCOM Office of Admissions. This program begins in the summer semester, and runs for a total of three semesters.
The following are required for application to the program:
- Completed M.S. in Biomedical Sciences (BMS) application and fee
- Completion of a bachelor's degree and pre-med requirements
- Three letters of recommendations from the following:
- two letters from undergraduate faculty in your major highlighting academic abilities
- one letter from a work or volunteer organization highlighting leadership skills or a reference highlighting your interest in medicine
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges (unofficial transcripts are acceptable upon application, but official transcripts required before program completion)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher recommended and MCAT scores (unofficial upon application; official before program completion)
- Personal statement on how this program can you help reach your goals, and what can you add to the program
In order to receive the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences degree, students must:
- Receive a passing grade (C or better) in every course of the curriculum
- Successfully complete research requirements
- Display professional and ethical behavior at all times
- Be enrolled full-time
- Complete all requirements for the degree within one (1) year of beginning the program. Exceptions to this rule may only be made at the consent of the director of the program.
- There is no final comprehensive exam at the end of this program, rather each course is completed individually and utilizes multiple assessment methods to determine students' mastery of the material.
Requirements for Acceptance into the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
Students that successfully complete all the requirements of the Biomedical Sciences, M.S. program may apply to the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University.