How to Apply: Graduate
Thanks for your interest in New York Tech! Your potential to excel in your studies and in your field is assured when you continue your education at New York Tech. Our forward-thinking and technology-driven programs, research, and expert faculty will prepare you for the career you’re seeking.
We review applications for admission and scholarships on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
Each graduate program has additional admission requirements.More
College of Arts and Sciences
- Adolescent Education, M.A.T.
- Childhood Education, M.S.
- Digital Art and Design – Fine Arts & Technology, M.F.A.
- Digital Art and Design – Graphic Design, M.F.A.
- Early Childhood Education, M.S.
- School Counseling, M.S.
- UX/UI Design and Development, M.S.
College of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Bioengineering, M.S.
- Computer Science, M.S.
- Computer Science, Ph.D.
- Data Science, M.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, M.S.
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Energy Technology, Advanced Certificate
- Environmental Management, Advanced Certificate
- Facilities Management, Advanced Certificate
- Cybersecurity (Information, Network, and Computer Security), M.S.
- Infrastructure Security Management, Advanced Certificate
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S.
Automatic Admission for Farmingdale State College Students: Farmingdale students who graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.85 and meet other admissions criteria can continue their education at New York Tech in five of the school’s 30-credit M.S. degree programs: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
School of Architecture and Design
- Architecture, M.Arch.
- Architecture, Computational Technologies, M.S.
- Architecture, Health and Design, M.S.
- Architecture, Urban and Regional Design, M.S.
School of Health Professions
- Clinical Nutrition, M.S.
- Occupational Therapy, OTD
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.
- Physical Therapy, D.P. T.
School of Management
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Executive M.B.A.
- Finance (CFA track), M.B.A.
- Finance, M.B.A.
- Marketing, M.B.A.
- Operations & Supply Chain Management, M.B.A.
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Regular Admission: Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available. The following specific programs have separate deadlines:
- Architecture, M.Arch.: Jan. 15 for fall start; late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Architecture, Computational Technologies, M.S.: Jan. 15 (fall start); late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Architecture, Health and Design, M.S.: Jan. 15 (fall start); late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Architecture, Urban & Regional Design, M.S.: Jan. 15 (fall start); late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Occupational Therapy, OTD: Oct. 1 (Priority Deadline for May start), Feb. 21 (extended deadline)
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.: Oct. 1 (Priority Deadline for May start), Feb. 21 (extended deadline)
- Physical Therapy, D.P.T.: Oct. 15 (Soft Deadline), Dec. 15 (Firm Deadline) (summer start)
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.: Dec. 1 (fall start)
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Complete the New York Tech Online Application for all graduate programs, unless you are applying to a program below. There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
There is a different application for the following programs:
- Physician Assistant Studies: Apply to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- Occupational Therapy: Apply to the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
- Physical Therapy: Apply directly to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
New York Tech prefers electronic submission of documents. Please submit your documents electronically to ensure efficient processing by New York Tech.
With the submission of your application, you must upload unofficial transcripts. Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts, all mark sheets, provisional certificates or academic records for each institution previously attended to be used for evaluation purposes only. You must request official transcripts from all institutions you attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions if you are admitted to New York Tech. We do not require official documents when you first apply. Any fraudulent activity or discrepancies found between unofficial and official transcripts will result in the immediate revocation of the admission offer. Please do not mail materials that you have uploaded unless specifically requested by the Office of Admissions.
You may upload documents even if you have already your submitted your application. Upload your documents.
If you previously attended New York Tech, you do not need to request a transcript from the Office of the Registrar. We already have this.
Submit official GRE or GMAT scores, if applicable to program requirements.
New York Tech GRE Code: 2561
New York Tech GMAT Codes
Full time (9 or more credits): OQN-RL-35
Part-time (less than 9 credits): OQN-RL-74
MAT Code: 1487
Submit your application materials:
Submit your documents.
New York Tech participates in several electronic transcripts networks: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, Scoir, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic official transcript directly to New York Tech at email@example.com. If you recently submitted supporting documents, please allow the Office of Admissions at least 2-4 weeks to process your materials.
If required, you may email other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 516.686.1116.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.
If you have received graduate credits at another college and would like to request transfer credits, please complete the Graduate Credit Transfer Form.