How to Apply: Graduate
Thanks for your interest in NYIT! Your potential to excel in your studies and in your field is assured when you continue your education at NYIT. Our forward-thinking and technology-driven programs, research, and expert faculty will prepare you for the career you’re seeking.
We review applications for admission and scholarships on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
Each graduate program has additional admission requirements.More
College of Arts and Sciences
- Adolescent Education, M.A.T.
- Childhood Education, M.S.
- Communication Arts, M.A.
- Digital Art and Design – Animation, M.F.A.
- Digital Art and Design – Fine Arts & Technology, M.F.A.
- Digital Art and Design – Graphic Design, M.F.A.
- Early Childhood Education, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- School Counseling, M.S.
- School Leadership and Technology, Advanced Certificate
College of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Bioengineering, M.S.
- Computer Science, M.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, M.S.
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Energy Technology, Advanced Certificate
- Environmental Technology & Sustainability, M.S.
- Environmental Management, Advanced Certificate
- Facilities Management, Advanced Certificate
- Cybersecurity (Information, Network, and Computer Security) M.S.
- Infrastructure Security Management, Advanced Certificate
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S.
School of Architecture and Design
School of Health Professions
- Clinical Nutrition, M.S.
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.
- Physical Therapy, D.P. T.
School of Management
Regular Admission: Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available. The following specific programs have separate deadlines:
- Architecture, M.Arch.: March 1 for fall start; late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Architecture, Urban & Regional Design, M.S.: Jan. 15 (fall start); late applications will be reviewed as space allows
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.: Oct. 1 (Priority Deadline), Oct. 31 (Regular Deadline) (summer start)
- Physical Therapy, D.P.T.: Aug. 15 (Early Decision) or Oct. 15 (regular decision) (summer start)
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.: Oct. 1 (fall start)
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Complete the NYIT Online Application for all graduate programs, unless you are applying to a program below. There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
There is a different application for the following programs:
- Physician Assistant Studies: Apply to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- Occupational Therapy: Apply to the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
- Physical Therapy: Apply directly to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
NYIT prefers electronic submission of documents. Please submit your documents electronically to ensure efficient processing by NYIT.
With the submission of your application, you must upload unofficial transcripts. Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts, all mark sheets, provisional certificates or academic records for each institution previously attended to be used for evaluation purposes only. You must request official transcripts from all institutions you attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions if you are admitted to NYIT. We do not require official documents when you first apply. Any fraudulent activity or discrepancies found between unofficial and official transcripts will result in the immediate revocation of the admission offer. Please do not mail materials that you have uploaded unless specifically requested by the Office of Admissions.
You may upload documents even if you have already your submitted your application. Upload your documents.
If you previously attended NYIT, you do not need to request a transcript from the Office of the Registrar. We already have this.
Submit official GRE or GMAT scores, if applicable to program requirements.
NYIT GRE Code: 2561
NYIT GMAT Codes
Full time (9 or more credits): OQN-RL-35
Part-time (less than 9 credits): OQN-RL-74
MAT Code: 1487
Submit your application materials:
Submit your documents.
NYIT participates in several electronic transcripts networks: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic official transcript directly to NYIT at email@example.com. If you recently submitted supporting documents, please allow the Office of Admissions at least 2-4 weeks to process your materials.
If required, you may email other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 516.686.1116.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.
If you have received graduate credits at another college and would like to request transfer credits, please complete the Graduate Credit Transfer Form.