NYITCOM has a secure e-billing process to provide a fast, efficient way to view your monthly billing statement. Electronic billing is our official means of generating tuition bills. Each time a bill is available, an email will be sent to your official NYIT email address. You also have the ability to view up-to-the-minute transactions by visiting NYITConnect, logging into your account, and selecting the account summary by term option.
Tuition and Fees Due Dates
|Grad Year||First Half||Second Half|
|Class of 2019||04/16/2018||11/01/2018|
|Class of 2020||04/16/2018||11/01/2018|
|Class of 2021||04/16/2018||11/01/2018|
|Class of 2022||04/16/2018||11/01/2018|
Tuition Refund Insurance
Optional Tuition Refund Insurance coverage, offered through A.W.G. Dewar, supplements NYIT’s published refund schedule through its Tuition Refund Plan (TRP). Subscribers are eligible for a refund throughout the term, even when NYIT's refund policy has expired. Costs covered by the TRP program include tuition, room, mandatory fees, and meal plan. Participation is entirely optional. For more information or to enroll, please visit collegerefund.com or call 617.774.1555.
Please note that enrollment in the plan must take place prior to the start of the semester.
If you are due a Title IV credit balance, the Bursar’s Office will process a refund within 14 days. All refunds will be disbursed in two lump sums: at the beginning and midpoint of the year. All forms of student assistance (including private loans and Grad PLUS loans) are disbursed twice a year.
The Office of the Bursar provides your refund disbursement via direct deposit to your checking or savings account (U.S. Bank only). You may choose this method to receive future refund disbursements by visiting refundselection.com.
New and continuing users may sign up and select one of the following refund disbursement methods:
- Deposit to an existing checking account (United States Bank only): By selecting this option, you will be asked to provide your U.S. bank account information and any funds credited to you will be deposited into your account within several business days.
- Deposit to an existing savings account (United States Bank only): By selecting this option, you will be asked to provide your U.S. bank account information and any funds credited to you will be deposited into your account within several business days.
- Debit Card: Use the BankMobile Vibe debit card anywhere debit/credit cards are accepted, plus get convenient cash access at Allpoint® ATM’s on or near campus. Once you receive your debit card, any refunds credited to you by your school will be deposited into your account as early as the same day they are available.
- Paper Check: By selecting this option, a check will be printed and sent by the U.S. Postal Service.
A check will be issued in case of any processing issues.
If you are selecting one of the direct deposit options for the first time, there is a verification period to confirm your banking information. If there is a problem with your banking information, you will receive an email from BankMobile sent to your NYIT email account. You may change your refund disbursement method at any time.
2018-2019 Disbursement Schedules
|Grad Year||First Half||Second Half|
|Class of 2019||06/04/2018||11/15/2018|
|Class of 2020||07/02/2018||12/10/2018|
|Class of 2021||08/06/2018||01/02/2019|
|Class of 2022||08/01/2018||01/03/2019|
If NYIT owes you money from overpayment on a bill, you have the option of receiving direct deposit to an existing checking or savings account (United States bank only), a refund check, or a debit card.
- For payments by personal check, bank check, or domestic wire transfer, refunds will be issued via paper check or direct deposit.
- For payments by credit card, refunds will be issued directly to the credit card used. The credit can take anywhere from 5–7 business days to be applied to your credit card from the date the University processes it.
- For payments by international wire transfer, refunds will be distributed to the bank and account that issued the wire payment. The Bursar's and/or Controller's Office will reach out to the student to collect the necessary information for these types of refunds to be processed.