Émigré Physicians Program
We look forward to seeing you on campus. Before you begin your studies, here is a quick to-do list:
Step 1: Confirm Your EnrollmentMore
All students must confirm their full participation according to NYITCOM Technical Standards. To accept your seat in the entering class, please submit your $1,500 nonrefundable tuition deposit and return the Acceptance Reply Form before the deadline stated in your acceptance email by following these instructions:
- Activate your my.NYIT portal.
- Go to my.nyit.edu and select "First-Time Users and Password Reset." This will activate your New York Tech email and give you access to NYITConnect to confirm enrollment, pay your tuition deposit, and more.
- Submit your deposit.
- Select the tile entitled "NYIT Connect: Students" and login.
- Under "Finances" choose "My Account."
- Under the "Your Account" box, select "Click here to make a payment."
- Next to "Tuition (Enrollment) Deposit" – choose "View Details."
- Enter the amount, $1,500, select Term 2022–2023 from the dropdown menu, and then "Proceed."
- Choose "Checkout," select a payment method and continue checkout.
- On the next screen, enter your payment information.
- Complete the Acceptance Reply Form and send as a PDF to the NYITCOM Office of Admissions at email@example.com. Other formats (jpeg, tiff, and others) cannot be accepted.
Step 2: Complete Your FAFSAMore
Complete your 2022–2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at studentaid.gov. It is important to use NYITCOM's code: E00546.
Step 3: Get Your ImmunizationsMore
New York State requires students to provide written proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, and a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response. Your signed Student Immunization Form must be received by New York Tech no later than two weeks after submitting your Acceptance Reply Form.
All medical students must submit a completed copy of the NYITCOM Student Immunization Form. The New York Tech Office of Wellness Services oversees immunization compliance and maintains all of the school's immunization records. Students will not be permitted to attend classes without submitting a completed and approved NYITCOM Student Immunization Form.
IMPORTANT NOTE - When completing the NYITCOM Student Immunization Form:Please complete Part I (Student Information) and Part II (Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response). Your signature and the date are required in Part II of the form. Your healthcare provider should complete Part III with most recent vaccinations and provide a copy of the lab report if immunity is by blood titer. The provider's name, phone number, license number, state of practice, signature, and office stamp must be included.
Instructions for submitting your NYITCOM Student Immunization Form and Documents:
- Under the heading titled HOW TO COMPLETE, select the "NYITCOM Student Immunization Form," print and complete it.
- NOTE: You do NOT need to complete the form titled "Student Tuberculosis Testing Form."
- Scroll down to SUBMIT FORMS and input all required information.
- For the box titled SEMESTER ATTENDING, please type "NYITCOM2022."
- For the CAMPUS, please choose "LONG ISLAND."
- Answer "NO" to the question about F1 or J1 Visa Students.
- NOTE: This question does not apply to NYITCOM students.
- After choosing NO for this question, upload your completed and signed NYITCOM Student Immunization Form and all related immunization documents.
- Please read the provided statement and check the "I Acknowledge" box.
- Enter the characters displayed on the screen (in blue and yellow) and click the SUBMIT button.
IMPORTANT: Please retain a copy of your completed Immunization documents for your own records.
To begin the process for completing and uploading your required NYITCOM Student Immunization Form, please go to the New York Tech Immunization page.
For additional information, please call the New York Tech Office of Wellness Services at 516.686.7976.
Step 4: Submit Proof of Covid-19 VaccinationMore
Submit proof of the completed dose schedule of your COVID-19 vaccination no later than April 1, 2022. Details regarding how to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be shared in January 2022.
Step 5: D.O./PH.D. IN MEDICAL AND BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (OPTIONAL)More
The purpose of the D.O./Ph.D. program is to develop well trained osteopathic physician-scientists through a comprehensive curriculum that integrates medicine and the life sciences, delivered through a combination of medical school and graduate school courses combined with in-depth research experiences. NYITCOM expects to admit two to three students per year to the combined D.O./Ph.D. program and is committed to providing the students with financial support for all years. The curriculum and training of students will utilize a standard 2–3/4–2 model in which the admitted students will pursue their medical education in years 1–2 (preclinical) and in years 6–7 (clinical). Ph.D. training will take place in years 3–5/6, as well as over the summers. If interested in applying to the D.O./Ph.D. program, required materials are listed below.
The following materials will be obtained from your EPP application:
- Transcript(s) of U.S. coursework, if applicable
- Letters of recommendation
Additional application materials to be submitted with the D.O./Ph.D. application:
- CV – updated to include all research experience
- Additional letters of recommendation from research mentors may be submitted, but are not required.
Selected candidates from the applicant pool will be interviewed by the Program Director and admissions committee members.
The link to the online D.O./Ph.D. application will be provided to you in your acceptance email. The deadline to submit the application is March 15, 2022. After that date, please contact DOPhD@nyit.edu to discuss your interest in the program with the program director, Dr. Michael Hadjiargyrou.
Step 6: Make Your Housing ArrangementsMore
The Office of Student Life will send you a link with housing information in Spring 2022.
Step 7: Student LifeMore
HEALTH INSURANCE: You will receive information and forms from the Office of Student Life by May 1, 2022 with a due date of June 1, 2022 for submitting forms.
ORIENTATION: You are required to attend orientation to learn about the curriculum, student services, and campus life; get to know your future classmates, faculty and staff; and get ready for life in medical school. All the information about orientation will be forthcoming in Spring of 2022.
SUPPLIES: You will be given a list of supplies you will need before the beginning of class. These supplies include, but are not limited to, medical equipment (paid for by the students) and scrubs and white coat (both paid for by NYITCOM). Students will be contacted about ordering these items.
Step 8: Pay Your Tuition BillMore
All payments are due by April 15, 2022. Learn how to pay your tuition bill.