What You’ll Learn
New York Tech’s bachelor’s degree in bioengineering program provides you with the tools, techniques, and knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits, embedded systems, biomedical instrumentation, biomaterials, and process control systems to become a leader and innovator in the in-demand field of bioengineering. Our B.S.in Bioengineering curriculum offers a balance of engineering and scientific fundamentals combined with hands-on experiences in small class settings—most courses have fewer than 20 students. You’ll learn to:
- Design, validate, and test equipment and devices, such as wearable and implantable medical devices, artificial organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems.
- Install, maintain, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment. Collaborate with manufacturing staff on the safety and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
- Work with scientists and medical experts to research how engineering principles apply to biological systems.
- Develop statistical models or simulations using statistical or modeling software.
- Understand and analyze biomedical signals taken from the human body.
With a world-class, student-focused faculty, an inclusive and welcoming culture, and state-of-the-art research and instruction labs, you will have the opportunity to work on funded research projects for the National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, National Science Foundation, among others alongside faculty at New York Tech’s Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation Center (ETIC). Many students publish their work in recognized journals as part of the Undergraduate Research and Entrepreneurial Program (UREP).
For those interested in even greater career preparation, our Accelerated M.S. Options program offers you the opportunity to earn both a B.S. and an M.S. in Bioengineering in just five years.
- Innovative Design and Development
- Biomedical Scientist/Researcher
- Medical Technology/Device Developer
- Equipment Testing and Field Servicing
- Clinical Patient Evaluation
- Implantable/Wearable Technologist
- Biomaterial Researcher
- Sales of Medical Equipment
- Hospital Equipment Selection and Support