Dean of Engineering Honors Program
Earn an elite education through the Dean of Engineering Honors Program. Designed for high-achieving students, you’ll undertake an advanced academic curriculum that will broaden your experience and position you for professional success.
- Participate in special leadership seminars that explore modern technical and social issues, presented by industry leaders and other guest speakers.
- Engage in high-level research and scholarship under the mentorship of our faculty.
- Take two graduate-level courses in your senior year toward a master’s degree program at no additional cost, enabling you to earn an undergraduate and graduate degree in only five years.
Accelerated Path to Masters Degree
The Accelerated Path to the Master’s Degree (APMD) at NYIT’s School of Engineering and Computing Sciences is designed for members of the Dean of Engineering Honors Program and undergraduate students who have demonstrated a consistent record of academic excellence. The APMD program allows participants to complete both their undergraduate BS and graduate MS degrees in a total of 5 years.
- Students must have a cumulative 3.2 GPA to qualify for the program.
- Juniors in good academic standing (Dean’s List) will be automatically considered for the program.
- Members of the Dean of Engineering Honors Program are guaranteed early acceptance into the APMD program.
- APMD-enrolled students are eligible to take 2 graduate-level courses in their senior year toward the master’s program of their choice within the Engineering school, at no cost to them (as long as the 3 credits fall within the 17-credit maximum allocation).