International Student Orientation Information
Congratulations and welcome to the New York Institute of Technology. We are delighted to have you join us.
As an international student, your orientation program has two mandatory sections: SEVIS One-Stop Shop for Check-in and Orientation.
Mandatory SEVIS One-Stop Shop
It is very important that, upon entry into the United States, you check-in to NYIT IN PERSON at one of our SEVIS sessions to:
- Update your visa information.
- Obtain immunization clearance. (See our Immunization Policy.)
- Schedule placement exams. (For students with an I-20 for language training or an I-20 with English language proficiency requirements listed under Program of Study and/or Remarks section on I-20.)
- Register for classes.
Orientation includes important workshops and presentations to smooth your transition to the United States and to help you to become a successful student at NYIT.
- Office of International Education (including visa and immigration information and forms)
- International Student Ambassadors
- English Language Institute
- Immunization Information and Forms
- Getting Started Guide for International Students
- Coming to New York - Arrival Handbook:
Christopher Olagunju 212.261.1684 email@example.com