International Student Orientation Information
Congratulations and welcome to the New York Institute of Technology. We are delighted to have you join us.
As an international student, your orientation program has two mandatory sections: SEVIS Check-in and Orientation.
Mandatory SEVIS Check-In
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts international students and SEVP-certified schools, SEVP is closely monitoring key developments and will provide further information and important updates as necessary. It is a priority for SEVP to ensure that F and M students can make normal progress in a full course of study as required by federal regulations. Please check your New York Tech emails regularly for updates.
It is very important that, upon entry into the United States, you check-in with the New York Tech Office of International Education to:
- Update your visa information.
- Obtain immunization clearance. (See our Immunization Policy.)
- Schedule placement exams. (For students with an I-20 for language training or an I-20 with English language proficiency requirements listed under Program of Study and/or Remarks section on I-20.)
- Register for classes.
You will need to contact the Office of International Education for SEVIS check-in.
SEVIS Check-in Dates
Stay tuned for information about our Orientation schedule for the Fall 2020 semester!
- Office of International Education (including visa and immigration information and forms)
- International Student Ambassadors
- English Language Institute
- Immunization Information and Forms
- Getting Started Guide for International Students
- Coming to New York - Arrival Handbook:
Christopher Olagunju 212.261.1684 firstname.lastname@example.org