How to Apply: Transfer
Thank you for your interest in New York Institute of Technology. Applications are reviewed for most programs on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
NOTE: The B.S. in Nursing has an October 1 deadline for the spring semester and a March 1 deadline for the fall semester. Check the Nursing, B.S. Admission Requirements for more details.
In addition to the general application and admission requirements, some programs require students to submit additional materials, such as portfolios or minimum G.P.A. or prior coursework:
College of Engineering & Computing Sciences
School of Architecture & Design
- Architectural Technology, B.S.A.T.
- Architectural Technology, B.S.A.T / Energy Management, M.S.
- Architecture, B.Arch. – Deadline: Feb. 15. The admissions committee will continue to review applications until the program reaches capacity.
- Digital Arts, B.F.A.
- Graphic Design, B.F.A.
- Interior Design, B.F.A.
School of Health Professions
- Nursing, B.S. - Deadline: October 1 for the spring semester; March 1 for the fall semester.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an Application
Step 2: Submit Required Transcripts
- Official test scores (AP, IB, A-Level, etc.)
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges you have attended.
- If you have fewer than 24 credits of previous college work completed, submit your official high school transcript and your SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code 2832
Note: All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
Step 3: Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
Step 4: Complete the 300-350 Word Essay
In 300 to 350 words, tell us about your career goals in the major you applied for and why attending New York Tech would further those goals.
Submit your application materials:
New York Tech prefers electronic submission of documents. Submit your documents.
New York Tech participates in several electronic transcripts networks: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, Scoir, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic official transcript directly to New York Tech at email@example.com. If you recently submitted supporting documents, please allow the Office of Admissions at least 2-4 weeks to process your materials.
If required, you may email other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 516.686.1116.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000