We're delighted that you are #HeadedtoNewYorkTech! Our students, faculty, and staff look forward to welcoming you as one of our New York Tech Bears!
New Student Orientation, a mandatory program for all new first-year, transfer, veteran, and international students, will help smooth your transition to college life and New York Tech. We'll introduce you to the larger New York Tech community and show you how to navigate the campus resources and services that will help you to succeed in your college career.
Follow the instructions based on your level of study.
Complete the Canvas Course: My Guide to Success @ New York Tech
Once you have submitted your tuition deposit in the Admitted Student Portal, you will have access to the Canvas course My Guide to Success @ New York Tech. You will access the orientation modules via the my.NYIT portal. The course must be completed by Friday, January 21, 2022.
Please follow the instructions below on how to access our virtual orientation:
- Submit your tuition deposit in the Admitted Student Portal.
- Visit my.nyit.edu.
- Log in using your using your New York Tech username and password. (Trouble logging in? Click on "first-time users and password reset.")
- Select the Canvas tile.
- You’ll be directed to your Canvas Dashboard. To access the My Guide to Success @ New York Tech course, click the course card under "Published Courses." You can also click the Courses icon on the lefthand menu and click the course link from the list.
- Once in the course, be sure to read through the homepage to learn more about navigating this Canvas course and all the exciting things that come with it!
- Then, explore the available modules and topics which will help you develop skills & knowledge for college in general...but more specifically for your time at New York Tech!
Once you have submitted your tuition deposit in the Admitted Student Portal, you will have access to the orientation modules. You will access the orientation modules via the my.NYIT portal. The virtual orientation should take students approximately one hour to complete and can be done in installments. All modules must be completed by Friday, January 21, 2022.
If you are an international student, whether a first-year, transfer, or graduate student, you are required to attend a mandatory SEVIS check-in at either the New York City or Long Island campus.
Get information about housing located near our New York campuses:
New York City