Residence Life at New York Tech
Millions dream about making their home (and their mark) in the heart of New York City. Make that dream a reality when you live at New York Tech’s safe, secure Manhattan residence hall, located in one of the city’s most vibrant neighborhoods. An easy bus or subway ride from campus, it is staffed by a graduate hall director and resident assistants.
1760 Third Ave.
Live and learn in one of New York City's most vibrant neighborhoods on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 1760 Third, at 97th Street and Third Avenue, is an easy bus or subway ride from New York Tech's campus, offers 24/7 onsite security and maintenance; communal kitchen, fitness, social and study areas; and rooms for New York Tech students on designated floors. All rooms are furnished with a bed, closet, desk, full-size refrigerator, microwave, and individually controlled air conditioning and feature a private bathroom.
Interested in scheduling a tour of the Manhattan residence hall? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.261.1737.
In the Neighborhood
1760 Third is in close proximity to several grocery stores and eateries, as well as exciting New York City attractions: check out nearby ethnic restaurants and cozy cafes; Central Park's lawns, walking paths, and bike trails; 24-hour pharmacies and healthcare services; a large Whole Foods supermarket and gourmet markets; and world-renowned exhibits at iconic museums including the Guggenheim, Cooper Hewitt, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Museum of the City of New York. Or hop on the subway and head anywhere in the city! (See Image Gallery)
Finding a roommate who matches your preferences and your personal, social, and academic interests helps ensure a fulfilling New York Tech experience. Our roommate questionnaire is included as part of our Housing Application and Residence Hall Contract. You can also request a roommate if you have someone in mind.
Protect and Insure
To safeguard your personal property, New York Tech has partnered with National Student Services, a provider of college student property insurance against fire and theft.
Want to Live Off Campus?
There are many online brokers and rental listings. Our office does not currently monitor listings or liaise with landlords. Please contact our office for any questions.
We’re Here to Help
Our trained staff will assist you during every phase of your New York Tech residence life experience:
- New York Tech Resident Assistants (RAs) are dedicated to ensuring your personal and academic growth. They often live within the residence hall and plan activities to build community relationships with other students.
- Our Hall Director assists in the daily operation and management of the residence hall. They manage teams of RAs assigned to each building.
1760 Third offers students a manageable commute by subway to New York Tech's New York City campus.
- From the 96th Street station (Second Avenue), take the Q train south to 57th Street and 7th Avenue. Walk 2 blocks west to Columbus Circle and two blocks north to campus.
- Alternatively, if you take the M96 or M106 crosstown bus, you can take the A or C subway to 57th Street/Columbus Circle.
- Take the M96 or M106 crosstown bus west to Broadway and transfer to the M104 bus on Broadway. Students taking the M104 will be dropped off directly in front of the main campus building.
Dining and Meal Plans
1760 Third has a communal kitchen, open and private dining areas, and an organic market and deli on the main floor. In addition, all rooms feature a refrigerator and microwave oven.
There are many restaurants and grocery stores close to the residence hall and near the New York City campus. Get more information about dining on or near campus.