Spring 2019 Move-In Day: Sunday, January 20, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please contact the office of Residence Life if you have any questions about move in.
Residence Life at NYIT
NYIT has partnered with SUNY Old Westbury to offer rooms in residence halls located minutes from our campus. All accommodations are suite style and include two single rooms, two double rooms, a shared bathroom, and a small common area. (Some suites have four double rooms, accommodating up to eight students.):
- King Hall and Anthony Hall, for first-year students, have resident assistants who provide programs and activities to enhance your NYIT experience.
- Roosevelt Hall is for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and features a small architectural studio space.
- Bolivar Hall is for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, as well as for those who need winter intersession housing.
- Kennedy Hall, is for sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduates seeking a quieter residence hall experience. Many of our life science students prefer this hall.
Interested in scheduling a tour of the Old Westbury residence halls? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516.686.1402.
Finding a roommate who matches your preferences and your personal, social, and academic interests helps ensure a fulfilling NYIT experience. Our roommate questionnaire is included as part of our Housing Application. You can also request a roommate if you have someone in mind.
Protect and Insure
To safeguard your personal property, NYIT has partnered with National Student Services, a provider of college student property insurance against fire and theft.
Want to Live Off Campus?
There are many online brokers and rental listings. Our office does not currently monitor listings or liaise with landlords. Please contact our office for any questions.
We’re Here to Help
Our trained staff will assist you during every phase of your NYIT residence life experience:
- NYIT Resident Assistants (RAs) are dedicated to ensuring your personal and academic growth. They often live within the residence halls and plan activities to build community relationships with other students.
- Our Hall Directors assist in the daily operation and management of residence halls. They manage teams of RAs assigned to each building.
- Our Community Development Assistants work with NYIT RAs and hall directors to help ensure proper safety operations and facilities management.
Safety and Security
SUNY Old Westbury’s Police Department is available 24/7 on campus to ensure your safety and to respond to emergencies. Officers are certified by the State of New York with the same authority as any other New York state, local, or municipal police officers.
- Safety reports from SUNY Old Westbury
- If you have an emergency at SUNY Old Westbury, call university police at 516.876.3333.
- If you have an emergency at NYIT-Long Island, call 911 and then call campus security at 516.686.7789.
Dining and Meal Plans
Transportation to NYIT-Long Island (Old Westbury)
Getting from SUNY Old Westbury and NYIT-Long Island is easy. Convenient shuttles run between campuses every half hour, and on -campus shuttles take you where you need to go. Get schedules.