New York Tech’s June 21 Virtual Commencement for New York City, Long Island, and online students will be livestreamed on this page.
To celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020, two events are planned:
- a virtual commencement ceremony for New York City, Long Island, and online students on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 11 a.m.
- an in-person commencement event specifically designed for the Class of 2020 in May 2021.
About the Virtual Commencement Ceremony
The June 21 virtual commencement will incorporate New York Tech’s traditional ceremonial components, including addresses by President Hank Foley and Board of Trustees Chair Kevin Silva; a video montage; and the conferral of student degrees, as well as:
- the singing of the national anthem by Class of 2020 singer Emily Tafur
- remarks by Class of 2020 student orator Ashley Lorin Dent
Following the main virtual ceremony, graduates, friends, and families may view their college/school ceremonies where deans will recognize each New York City, Long Island, and online graduate via shareable digital slides.
Timeline and Next Steps for Graduates
By May 29:
If you would like to have regalia (gown and hood) sent to you this year, please go to the Herff Jones portal to place your order.
- The portal for ordering regalia (at no cost to you) will be open through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 29, 2020. Please disregard references to the original commencement date of May 17 (Herff Jones is in the process of updating this, but you can place your order in the meantime).
- Because this is a new reservation process, students who had previously reserved regalia by the original (pre-COVID) March 31 submission deadline must resubmit their orders.
- We cannot guarantee arrival parcel delivery dates for out-of-state or international shipments.
- Full regalia (including caps and gowns) will be required for all students planning to participate in the May 2021 in-person ceremony for the Class of 2020. If you order regalia this year, you will not receive new sets next year. We therefore urge you to please keep the cap and gown for next year's in-person ceremony.
By June 3:
Deadline to complete your graduation slide with MarchingOrder.
Before June 21:
All New York City, Long Island, and online members of the Class of 2020 will be sent
- a printed invitation and program
- regalia (graduation gown, cap, and tassel)
- a New York Tech leather diploma case/portfolio and congratulatory letter from President Foley
June 21, 11 a.m. (EDT):
Virtual Commencement Ceremony livestream
About the Class of 2020
- Number of Graduates: 2,600+
- 47% Undergraduate Degree
- 53% Graduate/Doctoral/Advanced Certifications
- Number of Countries Represented: 65
- Number of States Represented: 34
- Youngest Graduate: 18
- Oldest Graduate: 67
Questions? Email us at email@example.com