Research at School of Health Professions
Participating in research projects expands your New York Tech education far beyond the classroom. Working side by side with our expert faculty you’ll learn to:
- work in collaborative, team-focused environments
- identify your areas of interest under the guidance of faculty mentors
- develop critical thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills
- foster inter- and cross-disciplinary approaches
- gain professional experiences that will advance your career as an independent researcher
Our patent-winning faculty members are working on cutting-edge research funded by internal and external grants. Recent projects include:
Does Whole Body Periodic Acceleration Improve Sleep Disturbances in Persons with Parkinson's Disease
Primary investigator: Veronica Southard, PT, D.H.Sc., and Joanne DiFrancisco-Donoghue, Ph.D.
The Effect of the Graduate Record Examination on Minority Applications Experience at NYIT
Primary investigator: Corri Wolf, Ph.D.
The Use of Virtual Patient Software to Enhance Physician Assistant Student Knowledge and Competence
in Palliative Medicine and End-of-Life Care
Primary investigator: Kristine Prazak, M.S.
The Effect of Mild Cold Exposure on Cognition in Persons with Tetraplegia
Primary investigator: John Handrakis, D.P.T., Ed.D.
Evaluation of Physician Assistant Student Knowledge & Perception of Competence in Palliative Symptom
Primary investigator: Kristine Prazak
The Influence of Cueing, Feedback, and Directed Attention in a Virtual Environment
Healthy Older Adults and Persons with Parkinson's Disease
Primary investigator: Rosemary Gallagher, Ph.D.