Research at School of Health Professions
Participating in research projects expands your NYIT education far beyond the classroom. Working side by side with our expert faculty you’ll learn to:
- work in collaborative, team-focused environments
- identify your areas of interest under the guidance of faculty mentors
- develop critical thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills
- foster inter- and cross-disciplinary approaches
- gain professional experiences that will advance your career as an independent researcher
Our patent-winning faculty members are working on cutting-edge research funded by internal and external grants. Recent projects include:
Does Whole Body Periodic Acceleration Improve Sleep Disturbances in Persons with Parkinson's Disease
Primary investigator: Veronica Southard, PT, D.H.Sc., and Joanne DiFrancisco-Donoghue, Ph.D.
The Effect of the Graduate Record Examination on Minority Applications Experience at NYIT
Primary investigator: Corri Wolf, Ph.D.
The Use of Virtual Patient Software to Enhance Physician Assistant Student Knowledge and Competence
in Palliative Medicine and End-of-Life Care
Primary investigator: Kristine Prazak, M.S.
The Effect of Mild Cold Exposure on Cognition in Persons with Tetraplegia
Primary investigator: John Handrakis, D.P.T., Ed.D.
Evaluation of Physician Assistant Student Knowledge & Perception of Competence in Palliative Symptom
Primary investigator: Kristine Prazak
The Influence of Cueing, Feedback, and Directed Attention in a Virtual Environment
Healthy Older Adults and Persons with Parkinson's Disease
Primary investigator: Rosemary Gallagher, Ph.D.