What You’ll Learn
Develop unparalleled expertise in designing cities around the world that consider social, economic, and environmental ramifications. New York Tech’s M.S. in Architecture, Urban & Regional Design (M.S.AURD) builds on your existing professional degree in architecture or landscape architecture and helps you develop the expertise to manage climatic forces and generate urban form.
While studying in New York City, you’ll connect with political, community, and developer stakeholder organizations throughout the metropolitan area. You’ll also develop a global perspective on urbanism through international travel and project work. Recent sites have included Paris, Naples, Milan, and Shanghai.
Through a range of in-depth courses and our three advanced design studios, you will:
- Acquire specialized design skills and expertise for careers in urban design practice, research, and teaching.
- Conduct advanced research-driven by design approaches and interdisciplinary methods.
- Gain advanced expertise in urbanism principles and practices.
Working with the School of Architecture and Design’s renowned international faculty, you’ll focus on the intersection of urban form, low-carbon cities, and climate resilience to prepare you for your future as an urban design professional.
- Beijing Tsinghua Tongheng Urban Planning & Design Institute
- Grimshaw Architects
- Kevin Roche Dinkeloo and Associates
- rePLACE Urban Studio
- Team One
- Academic Research/Teaching
- Government Planner
- Sustainable/Resilient Planning Expert
- Urban Designer
- Urban Development Policy Consultant