Admission Requirements: Architecture, Urban Design, M.S.
- Professional architecture, landscape architecture, or planning degree from an accredited college or university approved by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB), or the equivalent if applying with a foreign degree from another country.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- No standardized tests (including GRE) are required, except TOEFL/IELTS for international students
If you do not meet the above criteria, you may, at the discretion of the director, be admitted under a probationary period with an opportunity to demonstrate qualifications by achieving a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in your first three graduate degree courses. If your graduate academic record includes any failures in coursework, you may be dismissed from the program following a review of the situation by a Faculty Committee including the director and two faculty members of the School of Architecture and Design appointed by the Dean.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Supplemental Application: Digital Portfolio and Curriculum Vitae
- Complete this step after submitting your online application, where you will receive an application ID number to upload your digital portfolio and curriculum vitae (résumé).
- View format instructions and upload your digital portfolio and curriculum vitae (résumé).
- Personal essay.
- Two letters of recommendation from references who have direct knowledge of your professional potential and academic ability. References should send their letters of recommendations directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Optional Interview: You are encouraged to meet with Marcella Del Signore, RA, Associate Professor and Graduate Director. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
- Jan. 15
- Applications will be accepted after the Jan. 15 deadline, as long as space is available.
If you have questions about the program that will help you in your decision to attend, please email Marcella Del Signore, RA, Associate Professor and Graduate Director, at email@example.com or call 212.261.1630.