Technical & Professional Communication Minor
As the use of technology in the workplace evolves at breakneck speed, so does the need for employees who can harness it to communicate professionally and effectively. This minor will give you technical skills in digital design, and help you understand how to use social media, blogs, and websites for business. You’ll also get the professional writing and speaking skills to succeed in the modern workforce.
Our program focuses on ethics as a foundation for technical writing, enabling you to provide employers with crucial, and ethically sound technical documentation. The minor will be particularly valuable to students pursuing careers in technical or medical professions.
Students undertaking the Technical and Professional Communication minor will be prepared to:
- Utilize professional communication skills to produce materials, solve problems, and formulate solutions for expert and non-expert audiences.
- Create written/oral/visual communication in a workplace environment individually and collaboratively.
- Formulate social media structures to create positive return on investment for businesses and expand their reach.
- Design and compose visual elements and integrate them into technical and professional texts.
To add this minor:
- Fill out and sign the application form.
- Bring the signed copy to John Misak, Balding House, room 103, or scan and email to email@example.com, for review and signature.
- Bring the completed form to the Office of the Registrar.
Who We Are
Whether you’re working on a poem, a research paper, or an opinion piece, professors of English are available to help you brainstorm, review a draft, develop your ideas, or just double-check your grammar.
See the world and develop a new perspective by studying abroad.
Percentage of New York Tech classes with fewer than 20 students
New York Tech offers a range of minors that add value to your degree, boosting your professional appeal to employers and offering a key differentiator for those pursuing graduate and postgraduate degrees.
Tuition, Scholarships, & Financial Aid
We believe it's important to offer access to opportunity to all qualified students. New York Tech has one of the lowest private tuitions in New York State and provides more than $40 million in institutional financial aid each year.Find out more
Find Your Advisor
Each degree program has dedicated advisors who will help guide you through your academic career at New York Tech — anything from course registration to requirements for graduation.Advisor Lookup