Learn how to help patients regain their physical, social, and emotional strength. Discover how science and health converge to advance healthcare, and gain the skills to assist people with impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions due to physical injury, illness, psychosocial dysfunction, developmental or learning disabilities, socioeconomic status, cultural differences, or the aging process.
In our close-knit program, you’ll participate in faculty-led research initiatives across academic disciplines, including engineering, computer science, and sports medicine, and in areas such as hand therapy, pediatrics, concussion therapy, physical rehabilitation, and sports and fitness. You’ll explore how virtual reality, mobile technology, and gaming applications can expand the impact of health and wellness and advance the healthcare field.
- Henry Street Settlement
- Kessler Rehabilitation Institute
- NYC Department of Education
- Northwell Health
- Rusk Rehabilitation/NYU Langone
- St. Charles Rehabilitation
- St. Johnland Nursing Center
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Occupational Therapist
- Clinic Director
- Health Specialties College Instructor
- Rehabilitation Specialist/Manager
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist