Civic Engagement Minor
"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve." –Martin Luther King, Jr.
Discover the greatness within you by combining your educational pursuits with community work on an issue of your choice. Connect your academic, professional, and civic identities with the Civic Engagement Minor, a 15-credit, self-designed program that focuses on your rights and responsibilities as emerging leaders in your fields and the community at large.
Employers are looking for candidates who can work with people with diverse backgrounds and views, who are also active participants in civic life. This Civic Engagement Minor will help you:
- Enhance your professional identity and prospects through networking opportunities and work with a community partner.
- Gain a solid academic grounding in the historical, creative, political, and scientific issues connected to your area of interest.
- Design a digital portfolio that reflects your coursework and experiential learning projects that may also be suitable for professional communications and networking.
To add this minor:
- Fill out and sign the application form.
- Bring the signed copy to Jennifer Griffiths, 16 W 61, room 613, or scan and email to email@example.com, for review and signature.
- Bring the completed form to the Office of the Registrar.
Who We Are
Whether you’re working on a poem, a research paper, or an opinion piece, professors of English are available to help you brainstorm, review a draft, develop your ideas, or just double-check your grammar.
A Word from Our Department Chairs
How our technology-infused courses in speech communication, literature, and academic, professional, and technical writing provide a foundation for success in almost every career.
Percentage of New York Tech classes with fewer than 20 students
New York Tech offers a range of minors that add value to your degree, boosting your professional appeal to employers and offering a key differentiator for those pursuing graduate and postgraduate degrees.
Tuition, Scholarships, & Financial Aid
We believe it's important to offer access to opportunity to all qualified students. New York Tech has one of the lowest private tuitions in New York State and provides more than $40 million in institutional financial aid each year.Find out more
Find Your Advisor
Each degree program has dedicated advisors who will help guide you through your academic career at New York Tech — anything from course registration to requirements for graduation.Advisor Lookup