Immunization Policy

Note: New York Tech's updated COVID vaccination policy and proof of vaccination tool can be found here.

New York State Public Health Laws §2165 and §2167 requires all students enrolled for at least six (6) semester hours or equivalent per semester, or at least four (4) semester hours per quarter to provide written proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, and a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response. All F1 and J1 visa students arriving within the last five years from the countries listed on the Student Tuberculosis Testing Form must submit proof of Tuberculosis (TB) testing. This testing must be done within the last six months before classes start.

The Office of Wellness Services oversees immunization compliance and maintains all of the school's immunization records. Students must submit a completed copy of their Student Immunization Form to the Office of Wellness Services. We can provide assistance with and information about student health insurance plans and serve as a liaison with NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine's health centers and community health services in order to complete this. Students will not be permitted to register for classes or attend classes without such written proof and until the Office of Wellness Services has cleared them.

Three easy ways to obtain your immunization documents

  1. Physician's Office: Ask your physician to submit your immunization documents to New York Tech Office of Wellness Services. The form must be clearly stamped or signed with a license number by your doctor's office. Need a form? Use our immunization form or your physician can send their own version.
  2. School Counselor: State law requires your high school to maintain your health records. Just ask your school counselor to provide them to you or submit them directly to New York Tech Office Wellness Services. If you are a transfer student, you can ask your college to send your records our way.
  3. Department of Health: Need immunizations? Visit your local Department of Health. Please check the New York City Immunization Walk-In Clinic Website.

Submit Immunization Documents Online

Important Forms and Information

Contact Us

If required, you may email or fax immunization documents, or mail to Northern Boulevard, P.O. Box 8000, Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000.

Long Island campus
Adelaide Marciano
Student Activities Center, Room 319
Phone: 516.686.7976
Fax: 516.686.1410

New York City campus
Yahaira Ruiz
33 W. 60th St., Room 308
Phone: 212.261.1770
Fax: 212.261.1772