Note: New York Tech's updated COVID vaccination policy and proof of vaccination tool can be found here.
New York State Public Health Laws §2165 and §2167 requires all students enrolled for at least six (6) semester hours or equivalent per semester, or at least four (4) semester hours per quarter to provide written proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, and a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response. All F1 and J1 visa students arriving within the last five years from the countries listed on the Student Tuberculosis Testing Form must submit proof of Tuberculosis (TB) testing. This testing must be done within the last six months before classes start.
The Office of Wellness Services oversees immunization compliance and maintains all of the school's immunization records. Students must submit a completed copy of their Student Immunization Form to the Office of Wellness Services. We can provide assistance with and information about student health insurance plans and serve as a liaison with NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine's health centers and community health services in order to complete this.
New York State requires proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, and a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response for our students. If you do not submit your immunization records by September 7, you will be deregistered from classes. In the event you are dropped from classes as a result of failing to comply with this requirement, you may be responsible for any outstanding Fall 2022 tuition, fees, and loans, and any state, federal, or institutional aid may be returned to its originating source.
Three easy ways to obtain your immunization documents
- Physician's Office: Ask your physician to submit your immunization documents to New York Tech Office of Wellness Services. The form must be clearly stamped or signed with a license number by your doctor's office. Need a form? Use our immunization form or your physician can send their own version.
- School Counselor: State law requires your high school to maintain your health records. Just ask your school counselor to provide them to you or submit them directly to New York Tech Office of Wellness Services. If you are a transfer student, you can ask your college to send your records our way. Please make sure the documents are stamped or have a signature.
- Department of Health: Need immunizations? Visit your local Department of Health. Please check the New York City Immunization Walk-In Clinic Website.
ALL MEDICAL RECORDS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN SECURE PORTAL BELOW, DO NOT EMAIL MEDICAL RECORDS, THEY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Important Forms and Information
- Student Immunization Information
- Student Immunization Form
- Student Tuberculosis Testing Form
- Meningitis Response Form
- Meningitis Vaccination Information Sheet
- MMR Vaccination Information Sheet
- Immunization Transcript Request Form