Admission Requirements: UX/UI Design and Development, M.A.
Thanks for your interest in the UX/UI Design and Development, M.A. program.
- B.F.A. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
M.A. Supplementary Application
Once you complete the online application, you are required to submit a supplementary application. To upload, you will need to include the application ID number which you will receive after submitting your online application. Each student is limited to one portfolio submission. Additional submissions will not be considered until the following fall semester.
The supplementary application includes:
- Digital portfolio (recommended but not required) that showcases your best work through a wide range of media. Portfolio should contain 15-20 high-quality digital images and/or a sample reel of animation/video (max. three minutes).
- Description sheet of the contents of the portfolio (required only if submitting portfolio) detailing each work with a title, brief description, measurements or duration, and date of completion. Collaborative work must be individually identified and credited as such.
- Curriculum Vitae/résumé which should include a summary of academic and professional history and achievements, including research, awards, and exhibitions.
- Personal Statement: A statement of purpose of 300 to 500 words, which should include academic/career objectives and creative intent. The statement of purpose should also indicate your anticipated area of study (UX/UI).
- Letter of Recommendation (optional)
- All artwork must be submitted in PDF file format.
- Description sheet, cv/résumé, and artist statement must be in PDF file format.
- Animation/video work (max. three minutes) must be included as a link to an uploaded file on YouTube, Vimeo, or a personal website. Please include the URL in your description sheet.
- All submitted materials must be in English, including all file names, credits, and letter of recommendations.
General Application Materials:
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE scores, if required. NYIT GRE Code: 2561
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
June 1: General and supplementary application materials
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.7520.
If you have questions about the program, contact the Department of Digital Art and Design at email@example.com or call 212.261.1786 (New York City) or 516.686.7542 (Long Island).