Yellow Ribbon Program
Additional Financial Assistance
NYIT is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program is designed to provide veterans with additional financial assistance for tuition and fees that exceed benefits available under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Effective Aug. 1, 2018, the Post-9/11 GI Bill pays up to $23,671.94 per academic year at NYIT.
Effective Aug. 1, 2017, the Post-9/11 GI Bill pays up to $22,805.34 per academic year at NYIT.
About the Yellow Ribbon Program
- NYIT will give you up to $5,000 per year towards tuition and fees that exceed those covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will match NYIT's contribution for each eligible veteran student. The amount of Yellow Ribbon awarded is determined by the amount of other benefits provided to an eligible student.
- Space for Yellow Ribbon benefits is limited. For the 2017-2018 academic year will offer the program to:
- 100 undergraduate/graduate students
- 5 medical students (NYITCOM-Arkansas)
- 5 medical students (NYITCOM-Old Westbury)
- Awards are provided on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants; preference is given to veterans who have received Yellow Ribbon program support in previous semesters.
- You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
The Office of the Registrar will alert all eligible students when the Yellow Ribbon Program application process is open each semester for submissions and will provide all necessary instructions via email.