New York Tech Advance
The New York Tech Advance program allows high school students to enroll in university-approved high school courses that, upon completion, award New York Institute of Technology college credit. These courses, in addition to counting toward high school graduation, provide students with a head start on their college education at a steeply discounted rate.
There are a number of reasons to enroll in an New York Tech Advance course:
- Course tuition is incredibly affordable—students pay roughly 10% of what they would to enroll in courses here.
- Students who complete an New York Tech Advance course will have their New York Institute of Technology application fee waived.
- New York Tech Advance courses are an early opportunity to complete core requirements in English, mathematics, and the sciences.
- Students typically have the option to take discipline-specific courses in areas like hospitality, engineering, and business, letting them preview potential majors.
- New York Tech Advance courses often include opportunities to visit our campuses, attend lectures, and pursue unique, hands-on learning experiences.
- Students acclimate to the rigors of college coursework while still having access to their high school support network.
Students interested in registering for an New York Tech Advance course should reach out to their guidance counselors or administrators to find out if their school currently participates in the program.
Getting Started for High Schools
- Do you teach a class in computer graphics, computer design, or fine arts? Your course might match up with a course within our Digital Arts program.
- Do you teach a class in architecture or technical drawing? Your course might match up with a course within our Architecture or Interior Design programs.
- Do you teach a class in computer programming or electronics circuits? Your course might match up with a course within one of our Computer Science or Engineering programs.
Are you a counselor or administrator interested in joining New York Tech Advance? Email NYITAdvance@nyit.edu to learn more.
Costs and Transcripts
|Fall 2021 / Spring 2022||3 – 4 credit course||$285*|
Students who successfully complete an New York Tech Advance course and submit the requisite tuition will receive the appropriate course credit on a New York Institute of Technology transcript. These credits can be applied to degree requirements here at New York Tech, as well as at other institutions.**
*Rates are at the university's sole discretion and subject to change in a future academic year.
**Outside institutions independently determine whether or not they will accept New York Tech Advance credits.