Find out how to make a tutoring appointment.
Are you stumped in a particular class or on a specific topic? Would you benefit from brushing up on your course specific study skills? The Learning Center (LC) provides free and convenient tutoring services to all undergraduate students. Our Peer Tutors are New York Tech students, just like you, who have successfully completed the courses they are available to tutor!
Peer tutoring is currently available both In-Person and Online! Our peer tutors offer one-on-one and small group tutoring in a variety of academic subjects.
When making an appointment select:
Academic Tutoring > Course Based Tutoring > Find Available Time
- On the left, select the Course > Location > Time
- On the right, select Date/Time and Schedule the Appointment
Goals of Tutoring
At the Learning Center our goal is to:
- Enhance students' understanding of course material through individual tutoring sessions.
- Enrich the overall academic experience for New York Tech students.
- Demonstrate effective learning and study techniques that facilitate deeper understanding of subjects.
- Engage students in problem solving and critical thinking to become independent learners.
ACADEMIC SKILL WORKSHOPS
Our professional Enrichment staff in the ASE are available for individualized workshops, designed to build your "toolbox" of strategies to be successful at New York Tech. Topics include:
- Time Management
- Test-Taking Skills
- Study & Learning Skills
To make an appointment, click here > select Academic Tutoring > choose an Academic Skill Topic
Looking for more live help? The Learning Center at New York Tech has linked up with Brainfuse, a free online service that provides instantaneous subject tutoring, interactive study resources, and an online writing lab, no matter your location, type of internet device, or the hour!
Long Island Students
Harry Schure Hall, Room 215
New York City Students
26 West 61 Street, Room 206
Learning Center Hours*
In-Person (Long Island & New York City)
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday – Sunday
10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
* By appointment only