NYIT School of Management (SOM) facilitates direct engagement with companies so that students can easily learn to resolve real-world business problems. The Corporate Challenge allows students to interact with top-level company leadership and to address emerging issues faced by companies inside and outside their business environment. Students, as a team, work with fellow students to resolve identified challenges written in a case study format over the period of several weeks. Ultimately, the leading teams present their findings and recommendations to the company executives during the semi-finals and finals of the competition.
The Corporate Challenge is open to all New York Institute of Technology undergraduate and graduate business students.
Benchmark Electronics, Concord, CA is the industrial client of this year Corporate Challenge. Students are required to address the human resource management challenges of this company.Register
The following are the experiential education outcomes student teams achieve by participating in the Corporate Challenge:
- Understand management cases prevalent in the participating company;
- Apply and enhance problem-solving, communication and team-building skills;
- Explore the availability of career opportunities in the participating company; and
- Develop and/or strengthen networking skills with business leaders.
The below are industrial clients who have participated in the Corporate Challenge in years past:
- 2010: Frederique Constant
- 2011: The New Protocol, Inc.
- 2012: Sidney Frank Importing Company
- 2013: QuickComm
- 2014: Herbal Destination
- 2015: Herbal Destination
- 2016: American Portfolios
- 2017: McGraw Hill Education
- 2018: Courtyard Marriott
- 2019: Gear Motions
Birasnav Muthuraj, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Operations Management and Director of Experiential Education