Message from the Dean
In this era of pandemics and natural disasters, the need for skilled healthcare providers who can adapt and keep our society resilient continues to grow. According to U.S. Department of Labor estimates, we can expect a 14 percent increase in healthcare sector jobs through 2028.
At NYIT School of Health Professions, we strive to provide top quality-education that combines hands-on practice and high-tech learning to prepare you for a fulfilling career in your chosen discipline, including:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Exercise Science
- Health Sciences/Health and Wellness
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies
We offer combined B.S./M.S. programs in occupational therapy and physician assistant studies and a B.S./D.P.T. in physical therapy. These early assurance programs allow highly qualified students who meet the criteria a guaranteed spot in our health professions programs. We also offer minors in health sciences and health services administration for those looking for additional specialization.
We know that trust in a healthcare provider is often associated with faster healing times and confidence in the caregiver. Our commitment to compassionate evidence-based healthcare means you’ll be equipped to care for patients from diverse cultures using research to support diagnosis and treatment.
Our professional development program features:
- Clinical work at leading local and national healthcare facilities.
- Small classes with personalized faculty support and mentorship.
- Sophisticated labs with high-fidelity simulation manikins.
- Technology and instrumentation that practitioners use every day.
- Attendance at major industry conferences where you’ll present your own research.
- Access to faculty and resources of our College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Study opportunities with other degree programs to understand how an integrated healthcare team operates.
- Opportunities to deliver healthcare around the world through our Center for Global Health.
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to enter the growing field of healthcare and, in most programs, ready for licensure exams within your field. Across all of our disciplines, pass rates for these tests have been above average, often approaching 100 percent.
The School of Health Professions will provide you with the skills you need for the healthcare practice of your future.
Learn more about our degree programs and how we can help fulfill your professional goals. If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Gordon Schmidt, Ph.D., FACSM
School of Health Professions, Dean
Contact the Dean's Office
Tara J. Piechowiak