New Workshop: Python Programming for Women and Single Parents
Reinvent your future while developing a technology skillset that employers seek!
New York Tech’s new six-week training program provides in-demand coding skills in the popular Python programming language along with dedicated career services and support. This innovative workshop is tailored to women, single parents, and caregivers impacted by the market downturn who may currently be unemployed or underemployed.
Participants will complete the program ready to advance their careers in the marketplace of today—and tomorrow. Easy-to-follow instruction will include an introduction to simple data types, expressions and statements, program flow control structures, exception handling, and functions as well as elements of object-oriented programming.
Designed and taught by expert faculty in New York Tech’s College of Engineering and Computing Sciences, this six-week entirely virtual program comprises:
- Two 1.5-hour remote classes per week (videotaped and made available for review). Workshop begins on March 31st and concludes on May 7th. Workshops are held every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 – 7 p.m. (ET).
- Faculty extra help/office hours (one hour each week).
- Instructor with expertise in programming and career discovery, supported by our network engineer (a mother of two).
- Cohort team building (optional) with other program participants: group discussions based on the past week's workshop topics. Meets on Mondays, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Dedicated career services including resume, interview, job search, and networking support as well as introductions to companies seeking skilled talent.
- Certificate of Completion.
Register Today and Receive a $200 discount!
Cost: $495 ($295 for the first 30 registrants)
*Additional fee for WiFi hotspot loans, if needed, for duration of course.*
First Session: Begins March 31, 2021Register
Python is an increasingly popular programming language, favored by developers, data scientists, software engineers, and others for its versatility, flexibility, and object-oriented features.
"Everyone is talking about Python, and for good reason. With an exponentially growing community around data science, machine learning, AI, web dev and more, Python is a language that opens programming access to the world."
Just about anyone can learn Python if they put their mind to it…. Many software applications and games use Python. Due to its simple and readable coding, major companies like Instagram, Google, Facebook, etc., use Python in their real-time applications…. Professionals and beginners like Python because of its simple language; it’s easy to learn as it resembles English.
Why New York Tech?
NYIT College of Engineering and Computing Sciences is committed to New York Tech’s mission-driven goal of ensuring access to opportunity to all qualified individuals. The college just received ASEE Bronze Level Recognition and is among the nation’s leaders in inclusive excellence. New York Tech is ranked among the top universities in the country for diversity, social mobility, quality in online education, and academic distinction.
Learn more about our focus on broadening women’s access to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
For more information, please contact Jill Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.7910.