Award-Winning Python Programming for Women and Single Parents
Reinvent your future while developing a technology skillset that employers seek!
New York Tech’s six-week training program provides in-demand coding skills in the popular Python programming language along with dedicated career services and support. This innovative workshop is tailored to women, single parents, and caregivers impacted by the market downturn who may currently be unemployed or underemployed.
The Python Programming for Women and Single Parents workshop was recognized in the September 2021 issue of INSIGHT into Diversity magazine with an “Inspiring Programs in STEM” Award.
Participants will complete the program ready to advance their careers in the marketplace of today—and tomorrow. Easy-to-follow instruction will include an introduction to simple data types, expressions and statements, program flow control structures, exception handling, and functions as well as elements of object-oriented programming.
We wanted the workshop to be a starting point for you in your journey of discovery and career planning in information and computer-related fields. We have partnered with OutSystems, a leader in the modern application platform space with offices around the world, more than 435,000 community members, 350 partners, and thousands of active customers in 87 countries and across 22 industries to provide you with an opportunity for continued professional and skills development. During the workshop, you will be introduced to the training and other resources available to you by OutSystems free of charge.
Designed and taught by expert faculty in New York Tech’s College of Engineering and Computing Sciences, this six-week entirely virtual program comprises:
- Two 1.5-hour remote classes per week (videotaped and made available for review). Workshop begins on March 30 and concludes on May 6. Workshops are held every Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 – 10 p.m. ET.
- Faculty extra help/office hours (one hour each week)
- Instructor with expertise in programming and career discovery, supported by our network engineer (a mother of two).
- Cohort team building (optional) with other program participants: group discussions based on the past week's workshop topics. Meets on Mondays, 6 – 7 p.m.
- Dedicated career services including resume, interview, job search, and networking support as well as introductions to companies seeking skilled talent.
- Certificate of completion
Cost: FREE! Thanks to a generous donation from New York Community Bank (NYCB) Foundation.
First Session: Begins March 30, 2022
Note: The Spring workshop has reached its capacity and is now closed. Please check back in the upcoming months for the Fall workshop offering.