Changing the World with ETIC
Established in 2015, the Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation Center (ETIC) at the NYIT School of Engineering and Computing Sciences is a business accelerator that brings together industry, government, and academia to foster economic development across Long Island and the New York City metropolitan region.
The ETIC has been designated as a Certified Incubator by the Empire State Development Corp. to provide support for start-up businesses, including entrepreneurial and high-tech training, commercialization guidance, networking opportunities, and staff recruitment.
Supporting Companies to Succeed
The ETIC helps our partner companies demonstrate, test, incubate, and advance new ideas and technologies in a resource-rich university environment. We can help you attract funding through our robust investor networks and capitalize on the talent and expertise of NYIT’s students and faculty in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Students Gain Hands-on Experience
NYIT students who participate in ETIC projects gain practical, on-the-job experience and develop entrepreneurial skills and professional networks that help them launch careers after graduation. You’ll learn to apply the theoretical knowledge you gain in the classroom on real-world, open-ended design projects, with the guidance of industry experts and advisors.
Stories from our three key areas of research:
- Nada Anid, Ph.D., Dean, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Babak Dastgheib-Beheshti, Ph.D., Associate Dean, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Michael Nizich, Ph.D., Director, Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation Center (ETIC)
- Marta Panero, Ph.D., Director for Strategic Partnerships, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Jane Polizzi, M.B.A., Director Administration and Operations, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences