Admission Requirements: Electrical & Computer Engineering, B.S.
Thanks for your interest in the Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S. degree. This degree has specific admission requirements in addition to our general requirements.
- Minimum combined SAT score of 1080 (critical reading and math only), including a minimum score of 550 in math. This program does not require standardized test scores. Review our test-optional policy.
- Three years of math.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3.
- Completed at least 12 credits of required math, physics, computer science, and engineering.
- You may also satisfy these requirements by passing challenge examinations in these areas as provided for by NYIT policies.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your mid-year and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Testing Preferences: First-time first-year applicants may choose to submit their application without standardized test scores to be considered for admission to New York Institute of Technology. This program does not require test scores, though some academic programs require test scores. Review our test-optional policy. If you are submitting official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores, use these codes.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code 2832
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 300-350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending New York Tech would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- First-Year Priority Deadline: December 1
- Regular Admission: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- International Student Deadlines: December 1 for the spring semester and July 1 for the fall semester.
Admitted Student Profile
IPEDS Admissions Component, U.S. News & World Report