Admission Requirements: Construction Engineering, B.S.
Thanks for your interest in the Construction Engineering, B.S. degree. This degree has specific admission requirements in addition to our general requirements.
- Minimum combined SAT score of 1080 (critical reading and math only), including a minimum score of 550 in math. This program does not require standardized test scores. Review our test-optional policy.
- Three years of math.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3
- Completed at least 12 credits of required math, physics, computer science, and engineering. Students may also satisfy these requirements by passing challenge examinations in these areas as provided for by New York Institute of Technology policies.
Students who have not chosen a specific program in engineering as a major or who do not fully satisfy the entrance requirements for engineering may be classified with an "undeclared status" in the College of Engineering and Computing Sciences up to the end of their second year. Transfer students and students who have completed more than two years of coursework should check with both their academic and financial aid advisors regarding their status as majors.
Students enrolled in the Construction Engineering, B.S. program must earn a grade of C- or higher in all required math, physics, computer science, and engineering courses. Grades of D+ or below cannot be counted toward a student’s degree.
In the case of a transfer student who earned a transferable grade lower than a C- in any required math or physics course prior to attending New York Tech, the grade is only acceptable if the student completed a more advanced course within the same discipline with a grade of C- or higher at the prior institution. Grades of D+ or lower are not transferable for any computer science or engineering courses.
Undeclared students who intend to pursue the Construction Engineering, B.S. must meet the conditions above in order to qualify for entrance into the program.
Repeating courses may impact eligibility for financial aid. Students should consult with a financial aid advisor before registering for a repeated course.International Students Special Requirements
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your mid-year and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Testing Preferences: First-time first-year applicants may choose to submit their application without standardized test scores to be considered for admission to New York Institute of Technology. This program does not require test scores, though some academic programs require test scores. Review our test-optional policy. If you are submitting official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores, use these codes.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code 2832
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 300-350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending New York Tech would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- First-Year Priority Deadline: December 1
- Regular Admission: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- International Student Deadlines: December 1 for the spring semester and July 1 for the fall semester.
Admitted Student Profile
IPEDS Admissions Component, U.S. News & World Report