Admission Requirements: Computer Science, Ph.D.
The general requirement for admission into this Ph.D. program is as follows:
- For students with B.S., a minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 from a regionally accredited university.
- For students with M.S., a minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0 from a regionally accredited university.
- A minimum GRE score of 300 is required.
- For international students, New York Tech's requirement on acceptable TOEFL IBT score is 79, or 6.5 on IELTS.
These requisites are for advisory purposes only. We will review the applications for a positive indication of potential success in the program. Please note that this program is not available for international applicants at the moment.
- Completed Online Application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A statement of purpose.
- A resume or CV.
- Copies of transcripts leading to the applicants's previous degree(s).
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree. (If you have attended college overseas, you need to have your educational credentials evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization. List of New York Tech-recognized evaluation agencies.
- Three recommendation letters (send to email@example.com).
- Official GRE scores, if required (NYIT GRE Code: 2561)
- Official TOEFL score for applicants whose native language is not English and who have been educated outside the U.S.