International Student Support
Welcome to Your Home Away From Home
After all your planning and anticipation, you're finally in New York! Now what?
Arriving in a new country can seem as uncertain as it is exciting. What things are done differently here and what's the same? How will you find the places you need? How will you find friends and start to feel at home?
We understand what you might be feeling. The Office of International Education, is available to make sure that you don't have to figure it all out on your own.
We're here to help you adjust to college and life in the U.S., assist with any questions regarding your visa or immigration, and welcome you into New York Tech's strong multicultural community through social events throughout the year.
In addition to the links and resources listed below, we encourage you to join the International Student Association (ISA), a group of American and international students who get together to learn about each other's cultures, celebrate the diversity of our community via campus-wide events, and help international students feel at home at New York Tech. We meet for shared activities, conversation, and cultural exchange, go on field trips, and organize campus-wide events that bring the community together in recognition of the rich cultural mix of the New York Tech student body. To join the ISA, contact Karen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa and Immigration Information
- How to Obtain F-1 or J-1 Student Status
- Preparing for your Visa Interview
- Questions Regarding Dependents
- Guidelines for Maintaining Student Status
- Returning to the United States After Travel Abroad
- SEVIS Questions
- Getting Started: Your Quick Guide to Coming to New York Institute of Technology
- NYIT International Student Handbook
- Change of Address
- Change of Status Form
- Departure Record
- Employment Update
- Part Time Authorization
- Program Extension
- Additional Semester Request
- STEM Validation Report
- Curricular Practical Training
- Severe Economic Hardship
- Optional Practical Training
- Reinstatement Application
- Optional Practical Training STEM Extension
- New Student Information Form
- Invitation Letter Information
- Travel Checklist
- Information on Working in the United States
Weekly Advisor Meetings:
Thursdays and Fridays: 4 – 5 p.m.Register