How to Apply: First-Year
Thanks for your interest in New York Institute of Technology! We know you have a lot to think about, whether you are just starting to research and visit universities or you are ready to apply.
We review applications for admission and automatic scholarship decision on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
The deadline for priority applications: Extended to December 1. Benefits of priority application include:
- $50 application fee waiver.
- Expedited admission decision.
- Automatic scholarship consideration up to $23,000.
Have you completed at least 24 college credits after high school?
Apply as a Transfer Student
- First-Year Priority Deadline: Extended to December 1.
- Regular Admission: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- International Student Deadlines: December 1 for the spring semester and July 1 for the fall semester.
- Combined Life Sciences, B.S./Physical Therapy, D.P.T.: Feb. 1
- Architecture, B.Arch.: Feb. 15. The admissions committee will continue to review applications until the program reaches capacity.
How to Apply
Degrees with Specific Admission RequirementsMore
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Architecture & Design
- College of Engineering & Computing Sciences
- School of Health Professions
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
We prefer electronic submission of documents. Please submit your documents electronically to ensure efficient processing. We participate in several electronic transcripts networks: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic official transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you recently submitted supporting documents, please allow the Office of Admissions at least 2-4 weeks to process your materials.
Required documents include:
- Copies of transcripts of all high school transcripts, AP, IB, and A-Level test scores, and transcripts for any college-level coursework will be required during the admission process. Your mid-year and final grades will also be required. All final, official transcripts must be received by the Office of Admissions prior to the start of your first semester.
- SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT. We will review applications with self-reported test scores, which may be used as a basis for admission. Official test scores must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code: 2832
Step 3: Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
Step 4: Complete 300-350 Word EssayMore
Choose one of the following essay topics.
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending New York Tech would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- If you are applying to the occupational therapy, osteopathic medicine, nursing, physician assistant studies, or physical therapy programs, explain your desire to work in this field.
Submit your application materials:
NYIT prefers electronic submission of documents. Submit your documents.
We participate in several electronic transcripts networks: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic official transcript directly to email@example.com.
If required, you may email other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 516.686.1116.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Create your profile on RaiseMe and get matched to scholarships while you are in high school.
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.
If you have attended New York Institute of Technology in the past and are interested in re-enrolling:More
Depending on how long you have been away from New York Institute of Technology, different requirements apply for readmission.