Graduate Students: Your Next Steps
Congratulations on your acceptance! We look forward to welcoming you to the NYIT community.
Mark your calendar for the first day of classes:
Spring 2020: January 21, 2020
Your Admitted Student Portal
Check out the Admitted Student Portal to get content related to your major, campus, your next steps, how to register for classes, orientation, and much more. This is also where you will submit your tuition deposit to secure your spot in the class if you haven't already. You will be able to view a personalized list of your next steps in your Admitted Student Portal.
You can also view your next steps below.
Step 1: Confirm Your Enrollment at NYITMore
- If you are in any program except for the programs noted below, confirm your enrollment and submit your $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within four weeks of receiving your acceptance package. Submit your deposit in your Admitted Student Portal.
- If you are in the following programs, you may submit your deposit in the my.NYIT Portal using the information below.
- Students admitted to the Physical Therapy program are required to submit a $1,500 nonrefundable deposit by January 15.
- Students admitted to the Occupational Therapy program are required to submit a $1,500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of the date on the acceptance letter.
- Students admitted to the Physician Assistant Studies program are required to submit a $1,000 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of the date on the acceptance letter. A second deposit of $500 is required by July 1.
- Students admitted to the Medical/Healthcare Simulation program are required to submit a $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of acceptance.
- Students admitted to the Executive M.B.A. program are required to follow the steps to deposit outlined in their acceptance letter.
If you haven't already, please set up your username and password in the my.NYIT Portal. You can set up your username and password by clicking on "create account/reset password." This will enable you to create your NYIT email account, which will be used for all official NYIT notifications, and access NYITConnect to complete your next steps: confirm your enrollment, view, accept, or decline your NYIT scholarship and/or financial aid, if applicable, and more.
Step 2: Submit your FAFSAMore
To be eligible for merit-based, state, or federal assistance, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The 2018-2019 FAFSA opens on October 1. If you received a scholarship in your acceptance package, you do need to complete the FAFSA in order to receive this scholarship. By completing the FAFSA, you may be eligible for additional financial aid. Once we receive your FAFSA, we will send you a financial assistance package that will be inclusive of all awards you have received.
NYIT's FAFSA school code is 002782. NYIT's state TAP code is 2120. Complete your FAFSA online starting October 1.
Step 3: Visit NYITMore
Step 4: Meet With an Advisor to Make Your Class ScheduleMore
Schedule an appointment with your advisor to register for classes. Advisement and class registration begins in November for the spring semester and April for the fall semester.
Please note: You must submit your immunization documents before registering for classes. See Step 5 for more information.
Step 5: Get Your ImmunizationsMore
New York State requires all students to show proof of immunizations before attending classes. NYIT requires all students to submit their immunization documents prior to taking placements exams, attending advising appointments, and registering for classes. Find out how to get your immunization documents and submit them online.
Step 6: Make Your Housing ArrangementsMore
Decide if you would like to live in one of NYIT's full-service residence halls, located a short bus or subway ride away from campus. To live in an NYIT residence hall, please complete a Residential Hall Application, submit a nonrefundable $345 housing deposit, and select your meal plan.
Housing Application for new students only. Please use the same email you used to submit your admissions application to log in. Then, click to start a new housing application.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, your parent/guardian must complete the Parent/Guardian Residence Hall Form and then submit it here.
Step 7: Send Your Final, Official DocumentsMore
You need to send final, official school transcripts, test scores, and proof of degree to the Office of Admissions prior to the start of the semester. Your admission and scholarship, if applicable, are pending the receipt of these documents. Evidence of a bachelor's degree and graduation date is required.
NYIT prefers to receive transcripts electronically. Submit your official transcripts through one of several electronic transcripts networks that NYIT participates: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic transcript directly to NYIT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 8: Pay Your Tuition BillMore
Step 9: Connect with NYITMore
Find us on social media!. #IAmNYIT