Graduate Students: Your Next Steps
Congratulations on your acceptance! We look forward to welcoming you to the New York Tech community.
Mark your calendar for the first day of classes:
Fall 2023: September 6, 2023
Your Admissions Portal
Check out the Admissions Portal to get content related to your major, campus, your next steps, how to register for classes, orientation, and much more. This is also where you will submit your tuition deposit to secure your spot in the class if you haven't already. You will be able to view a personalized list of your next steps in your Admissions Portal.
You can also view your next steps below.
Step 1: Confirm Your EnrollmentMore
- If you are in any program except for the health professions, medical, and other programs noted below, confirm your enrollment and submit your $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within four weeks of receiving your acceptance package. Submit your deposit in your Admissions Portal.
- If you are in the following programs, you may submit your deposit in your Admissions Portal using the information below.
- Students admitted to the Physical Therapy program are required to submit a $1,500 nonrefundable deposit by January 15.
- Students admitted to the Occupational Therapy program are required to submit a $1,500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of the date on the acceptance letter.
- Students admitted to the Physician Assistant Studies program are required to submit a $1,000 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of the date on the acceptance letter. A second deposit of $500 is required by July 1. Your second deposit needs to be submitted in the my.NYIT portal.
- Students admitted to the Medical/Healthcare Simulation program are required to submit a $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit within two weeks of acceptance.
- Students admitted to the Executive M.B.A. program are required to follow the steps to deposit outlined in their acceptance letter.
Please set up your username and password in the my.NYIT Portal once you have submitted your deposit. It may take 24-48 hours after you submit your deposit to be able to create an account. Once you have set up your username and password, you will also have to enroll in Okta Single Sign-On (SSO). View instructions to set up your Okta account. This will enable you to create your New York Tech email account, which will be used for all official university notifications, and access the Student Service HUB—Your Home for University Business—to view, accept, or decline your scholarship and/or financial aid. You will need this portal activated to register for classes.
Step 2: Submit your FAFSAMore
To be eligible for merit-based, state, or federal assistance, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA opens annually on December 1. If you received a scholarship in your acceptance package, you do need to complete the FAFSA in order to receive this scholarship. By completing the FAFSA, you may be eligible for additional financial aid. Once we receive your FAFSA, we will send you a financial assistance package that will be inclusive of all awards you have received.
Our FAFSA school code is 002782. Our state TAP code is 2120. Complete your FAFSA online starting October 1.
Step 3: Visit New York TechMore
Check out our graduate events.
Step 4: Meet With an Advisor to Make Your Class ScheduleMore
We will contact you when to schedule an appointment with your advisor to register for classes. Advisement and class registration begins in November for the spring semester and April for the fall semester.
Step 5: Get Your ImmunizationsMore
New York State requires all students to show proof of immunizations prior to the first day of classes and no later than the end of the first semester. Find out how to get your immunization documents and submit them online.
Step 6: Make Your Housing ArrangementsMore
Decide if you would like to live in one of New York Tech's full-service residence halls, located a short bus or subway ride away from campus. To live in a residence hall, please complete a Residential Hall Application, submit a nonrefundable housing deposit, and select your meal plan.
Step 7: Send Your Final, Official DocumentsMore
You need to submit final, official college transcripts, test scores (if applicable), proof of degree, and all other required admission materials to the Office of Admissions prior to the start of classes but no later than the end of your first semester. Failure to provide these final documents will result in registration holds and may result in cancelation of financial aid.
We prefer to receive transcripts electronically. Submit your official transcripts through one of several electronic transcripts networks that we participate in: National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment Exchange, Scoir, and eSCRIP-SAFE. If your prior institution does not participate with one of our networks, they may send an electronic transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 8: Pay Your Tuition BillMore
Step 9: Connect with usMore
Find us on social media! #HeadedToNewYorkTech