Graduate Credit Transfer Policy
We want to help you maximize the graduate credits you've earned at another institution.
Like other universities, our graduate coursework is highly specialized and unique to each New York Tech program. We will work with you to see if you are able to transfer any graduate credits you've earned elsewhere. We accept graduate credits from other institutions if:
- The graduate coursework was completed at another accredited institution.
- You received a grade of B or better.
- The credits were not applied toward another undergraduate or graduate degree.
- The course content is determined by New York Tech to be appropriate to your graduate program and the equivalent of what is offered here.
- Courses were taken in the past five years (the graduate chairperson of your intended program may make exceptions after reviewing the transfer credit request).
- You are a New York Tech graduate degree-seeking student with matriculant status.
Maximum Number of Transferrable Graduate Credits – most of our programs accept a maximum of either six or nine credits. Please check with your graduate admissions counselor regarding the specifics and policy for your intended program of study.
Automatic Admission for Farmingdale State College Students: Farmingdale students who graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.85 and meet other admissions criteria can continue their education at New York Tech in five of the school’s 30-credit M.S. degree programs: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Learn more.
If you have received graduate credits at another college and would like to request transfer credits, please complete the Graduate Credit Transfer Form.